*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1676271-Dimensional-Embrace-part-4
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Other · #1676271
Dimensional Embrace part 4
How could he know the bible?  I thought it was like Dracula being afraid of the cross.

         “You will leave with me, but not alone.  I have chosen you to be my slave.  You will bring others to my home called ‘The Wilderness’.  There we shall all spend eternity together.”  His giant tail sweeps to destroy what is left of the wall his wing already tore.

         The hole it produces shows a place beyond.  I see people in bondage being brutally whipped, blood is nothing foreign.  Tiny demons disperse themselves amongst the hundreds of prisoners, making sure no one gets a rest from their torment.

         “So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet colored beast, full of names of blasphemy…”More scripture to use to his own advantage.  How could he use our own weapon against us?

         “Of the seven vials I use one.  The blood of the slain shall be my tool also.  You and I can be one now, Rick.”  He suggests.  “That man is the symbol of love.  He’s something you can’t trust anymore.  Love is dangerous; it’s not a good thing at all.  That God he worshipped tricked him into believing he was right, but look at him.  All alone, making little money; what kind of life is that.  You had more power than he ever did.”

         He points to the frail body lying on the floor, the nail of his large finger alone could rip me to shreds.  “Take his blood, consume it.  Prove that you can totally be more in control than he ever could have.  Then you and I can be as one and totally be all-powerful.  Give yourself to me, Rick.  It was destined to be since the beginning of time.”

         I feel others present now.  The same demon like sensation I get from this creature comes from the others.  I can’t see them, but I know they are here.  Their laughter echoes through my head, joyfully they celebrate this union.

         I feel small nudges from behind; the visionless beings edging me closer.  Reaching the recently slaughtered human, I crouch down in front of him.

         Blood slowly trickles from the wound, adding to the already large pool under him.  It’s crimson color soaks into his shirt so that I can see each tiny thread darken, as the deadly pattern stretches farther across his chest.

         No other movement comes from the body.  I reach my hand towards him, my fingers stretching to the fresh hole.  The warmth of the blood reaches me before my fingers actually make contact.

         I draw back hesitating a moment.  “Go on” he says soothingly.  “Deep down, you know it’s what you’ve always lusted for.”

         Again I move my hand closer, this time feeling the blood wash over my hand.  Gently I rub my fingers together, working the blood into my skin.  I close my eyes, letting its touch massage my face.  Licking my fingertips, the sensation causes me to salivate greatly.

         I feel his touch on my shoulder, he has returned to his “human” form.  “Yes, you are one of us now.”

         Instantly, bat like creatures appear swarming around me.  The sound of leather slapping fills my ears; the vast numbers of beings consuming every available space in the room.  Hideous screeches mix with the droning wings causing a deafening commotion.  My vision becomes blurred.  I can’t make anything out.  Like a strobe light, they flash by me.

         I feel his blood wash over me, as they tear into their prey.  I become part of his feast of evil.

         I squeeze my eyes shut, hoping this will all end.  This isn’t power, it is madness.  And there’s nothing I can do to stop it from happening.

         Silence, to some, its lack of action is boredom.  I rejoice in its presence.  I open my eyes to find its source.  My journey to the past is over.  Reliving the nightmare, showed me my destiny.  I am evil; evil is me.  We have become one.  That is why I have no emotion; no love.

         I have given my soul to the devil, my job is to bring more to him.  Steel is to be next.  But what did Louise have to do with all of this?  Wait…

         “…And I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet beast, full of names of blasphemy…”

         He wanted me to bring her to him.  But how was she protected?  Did she know what was going on?  She tried pulling me out of this.  She had good intentions, but I can never be changed.  Death is my source of life.



         I stand in the hallway, my back is to the closed door.  Multiple footsteps enter the house.  I know the cause of everything that has happened to me.  It’s more evil than Steel could ever be.  Still, I must destroy him.  That is why I’m here.

         Turning and without hesitation, I enter the room.  It is totally bare except for splashes of blood that stained most of the room, including the ceiling.  I walk to the center of the room and kneel facing the door.

         Patiently, I wait for them to find me.  I’m not in any hurry to finish this.  This will be worth the wait.  I hear them opening and closing doors, searching the house for me.  You’d think they would know right where I am.

         They spot me at the other end of the hall.  I’m surprised to only see three of them, not that it matters any.  I don’t recognize the first two as they enter the room.  They flank both sides of Steel, his smug expression the same as always.

         “You were a fool to come out to hiding.”  He states boldly.  “But I guess you’d saved me the money of paying another what I’ll enjoy doing myself.”

         All I can do is burst out with a hideous laugh.  “I quit being a fool, when I stopped listening to you.”

         “What happened to you, Rick?”  He speaks like a father figure.  “You used to be the best.”

         “The best at what?”  I snap.  “Killing innocent people?  It seems to me that they are only guilty in your eyes.  It’s my turn to judge this time.  I find you guilty Steel.  Your punishment is death.”

         Motioning my arms towards his companions, they both fall back to the ground.  Screaming they try to fight of an invisible foe.  Now knowing what kind of power I truly possess, I use to my advantage.

         My little friends attack violently, keeping them totally occupied.  Steel seems unhindered by their turn of events.  Without paying any attention to his distracted thugs, he steps towards me.

         “You are still a fool, Rick.”  You really think you can ever be stronger than I?” A dry smile crosses his lips.

         Reaching into his jacket, he pulls out a .357 magnum.

         The barrel stares at me like a Cyclops, it’s one eye invading my life.  It’s different being on this side of the gun.  I can imagine how they felt, knowing life was near its end.

         But, it doesn’t bother me.  Now I feel immortal.  I don’t think anything human can harm me.  Pure energy courses through me.  Without fear, I leap like a tiger towards its prey.

         A growl fills the air.  It doesn’t come from my lungs, but it shouts from the weapon Steel controls.  I stop in midair, the impact of the bullet hits like a wall before me.  Then I’m thrown backward landing hard on the floor.

         Already, my blood mingles with the blood I’ve spilled before.  My mistake appears quickly, my boldness proving my foolishness.  I’ve let myself be manipulated.  I’ve been set up for my own destruction.  I believed I was something I wasn’t.  I’m no different than those I’ve killed.  My life can be taken just as quick.

         Steel looms over me, his victory complete.  “For all you’ve done for me, you could at least have a quick and painless death.”

         Again the beast called “Anger” stares me down, and again I face it fearlessly.  My insides keep me from giving in, my strength comes from my will to survive the injustice of this world.

         I fight back the pain, letting my emotions take over.  My mind drifts back to the old man at the mall.  Each lasting moment in his life meant so much to him.  I know now how he felt, letting every breath have meaning.

         Now the air tastes rancid, causing me to cough up that which gives life freely.  Grasping at his pant leg, I struggle to stop him.

         “That’s it!”  He laughs.  “Beg for mercy, you fool.”

         Surprising us both, I pull his feet out from under him.  The strength I gather comes from somewhere unknown.

         In his surprise, he drops his gun.  Making use of my advantage, I roll on top of him.  Blood flows freely from my shoulder, my right arm is barely useful.  I put all my weight on it, trying to hold him down.

         With my free arm, I throw punch after punch, giving all I’ve got.  I feel needles of pain crawl from my fist.  It is well rewarded by the sight of his blood.  With each smashing blow, it trickles more from his nose and mouth.

         I stop, to stretch out for his gun.  Bringing it to me, I point it at the poor figure beneath me.  Blood flows freely now, making his face barely distinguishable.  His well-trimmed hair is erratic, his eyes are already starting to swell shut.

         I make sure he can see the gun though.  Bringing it to his temple, I let its touch be his vision.  It is time for judgement to be passed on him.

         I cock back the hammer; the noise causes him to flinch.  I’ve paid a lot to see this moment.

         Louise is gone; the most precious thing to enter my life, is now gone.  She had all of life’s answers figured out.  Something she had a hold of kept her from my evil hands.  Maybe it was love that kept us from what I was sent to do.  If I would have listened to her more, I’d probably be better off right now.  I was given a choice, and I’ve made my decision.

         Slowly, I start to lose consciousness.  It’s not from loss of blood, but from the return of a lost companion.  Once I pull the trigger, he’ll be in total control.  A second time I would have given myself to him.  He waits; knowing that I’ll do his bidding.

         I’ve made my decision.

         Slowly, my finger folds around the trigger, Steel trembles with dying fear.

         Forgive me, Lord.









Epilogue





Heaven.

A wonderful place to which I have not gone.  I can hear the angels singing from where I stand.  They celebrate the entrance of others that have already been where I stand.

         I halt my story, not wanting to continue.  Only a few minutes remain in the story of my life.  I have told Him all of it so far, up to the pull of the trigger.

         He sits on his throne before me, silent.  He’s more magnificent than I ever expected.  So much so, that He’s undescribable.

         I made my decision that night, when I threw the gun away.  I had a choice, and I made it.  Steel had a choice too, but I know he couldn’t see that.

         He was blinded like I was.  He thought he couldn’t change his ways.  But, when I held his life in my hands, I realized that I could control the situation, just like I could control my life.

         Satan made a big mistake in showing his true form to me.  He showed me that there really was a God and a devil.  He was good at twisting reality, but he can’t hide the real Truth.  We as humans can be so busy looking all around, that we miss what is right in front of our faces.

         Truth can be lied about or manipulated so it can’t be seen, but it is always there.  For example, Satan could tell you drinking is okay, as long as you don’t get drunk, or you don’t do it that often.  But, that fact still remains that it isn’t good to drink.  Likewise, I made excuses for killing people, but killing in itself is wrong, don’t matter what the circumstance.

         In making my choice, I got the power I was looking for all along.  The power of God is stronger than life on earth.  That’s the power Louise talked about.  Love was the thing that protected her, but it was the love of God, not any superficial love I could have given her.

         Now I see death as not even being a variable in decisions in life.  With God, there is no such thing as death.

         That is why the pastor didn’t show fear.  I brought him out of this world, and into something much greater.  But still, that doesn’t justify what I did.

         Now I stand before the One who truly judges.  My life opens before Him; I wait for His answer.

         “You committed many atrocities in your life, Rick.  But, my word says that you ask and it shall be given.  Even the last words you ever spoke count.  All up to that point was wiped clean.

         “Many others thought they could wait until the last moment before accepting me.  Unfortunately they weren’t given the chance you got.”

         The mighty gates of heaven open behind Him.  Standing there waiting for me are the angels of heaven rejoicing.  With them, is a friend I once loved, on a distant planet called Earth.  One whose light shone with the brilliance of God, giving others the chance to taste and see that the Lord is good.

© Copyright 2010 phonline (scott.gillard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1676271-Dimensional-Embrace-part-4