*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1676351-Random-Horror
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by keez
Rated: 18+ · Draft · Dark · #1676351
Taking a break from Obsidan's Wake to play with my imagination
"Come on keep going. Come on!" the stuttering pace of his sprint left me desperate to keep up. The wheezed comment was swallowed by hard rain. Alleyways blurred by making it impossible to have any sense of direction. Every tight twist and desperate turn did nothing for the hot breath I swore was on my neck. He had a good distance from what was chasing us, me on the other hand, I was slipping past that safe zone. Safe, right. Like this line of work had a fucking pension plan.

" I can't keep up get the hell out of here!" the words tasted like the copper burning in my lungs. I resented them as soon as I said it. Like I could really afford to talk. Air was becoming as priceless as water in a sea of sand as I struggled to pace it. My rioting heart hopeful to burst free from my chest. Scattered screams followed us like theme music, as the last sharp turn rewarded us with the sound of a shocked yelp followed by trash cans clattering. Pleadingly, I urged the rubber in my legs faster. A howl so terrible, walls trembled birthed from behind us. Mark was at the mouth of the alley daring a look back, and said it all as his eyes widened. He stopped sharply spinning around to face me, his hand moved fluidly over his shoulders as they have countless times gripping the modified automatic shotgun and aimed.It's heaving rattle so close it crawled along my neck as the air swelled with its approach. I let gravity take me turnining on my front leg swan diving on the pavement back first playng slip and slide with shards of glass and garbage.A part of my brain flinched seeing how close I was having my back torn out from a set of thick yellowish ashen white claws scooping nothing but air. Frenzied opal eyes locked onto mine, satisfied at my supposed blunder. Instinct filled my hands with automatic sub machine guns loaded with incendary explosive rounds. " Fuck the spread !" I got out as another strike was already lunging to run me through.Victory was snatched away by two deafening announcemnets from barrel. I decided to add to the conversation unloading a constant stammer of my own aiming for its legs. The barrage threw the bastard back like it was fastened to a bungee cord, dingy fur was patterened with seeping rusted gouges. Seeing how it was still trying to get up from under the assault made me think that the bad idea that started this just got worse.. Mark was making his way to my side after I reloded with shotgun roaring exultantly. I got to my feet confident I wasn't going to get hit from stray buckshot. Thick arms were protecting its face being stripped to exposed flesh but nothing more. When Mark's last shot was fired a deep growl was heard above machine gun chatter that was going all the while. A boulder of ice sank deep in the pit of my gut as it steadily stood ignoring the gunfire. Its arms lowered revealing a look of rage that demanded retribution. I could tell Mark was aiming high and cursed him for it. Too few holes were in it's face looking no worse than a flesh wound.
© Copyright 2010 keez (keez26 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1676351-Random-Horror