*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1679043-Taylors-POV-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Drama · #1679043
First chapter of many coming.
As usual, I’m sitting up late, doing my homework. It’s not like I go to crazy parties and go over to friends houses during the day; I just don’t have anything better to do.

I start to get cold and take a minute to grab my favourite tennis sweater to throw over my tank top. Like all the other teens at the tennis place (which is not many), I have my sweater embossed with my name. Taylor Reitman. I’m a senior at our local high school, Pierre Noel High, in Brampton, Ontario. I relax, then realize I’ve been daydreaming, and I settle down back to work.
Finally taking a break, I look out my window and see that down the street in the big mansion, the lights are flashing.

“Great,” I think “Cecilia is having a party and I’m not invited.”

Cecilia is one of the so-called “popular” girls at my school. We can’t stand each other. Anytime I see her strutting down the hall, like a freakin’ queen, I duck into the nearest bathroom. The only reason people think she’s cool is because she has a rich daddy who will buy her anything she wants, because she’s his little princess.

The only reason I want to go to her stupid party is to talk to Jake. Jake is one of the most popular guys at PNH, and, unfortunately, Cecilia’s boyfriend. I have had the biggest crush on Jake for the longest time. He has got EVERYTHING a girl wants in a guy. He’s kind, sensitive, sings amazingly, plays guitar and, if I do say so myself, is quite the hottie.

I take another quick glance out the window and realize that the lights aren’t flashing anymore over at Cecilia’s house. I glance at my watch.
“1:00 am?” I say to myself, “that’s a little early for Cecilia.”

Her parties usually end at around 4:00 am. An idea flashes in my head.

“I should go on a ‘walk’ and ‘accidently’ run into Jake coming out of the party.”

So I quickly pull on my shoes and quietly open our front door. Luckily, neither of my parents, or my little sister wakes up. I close the door and quietly start speed walking down our front walk and on the sidewalk toward Cecilia’s mansion.

I slow down slightly, just by the mansion. I can see people pouring out the front door. I try to peer above all the heads, looking for Jake’s messy blonde hair, his sparkly blue eyes, or his six foot tall sculpted body.

Unfortunately, as soon as I see Jake, Cecilia see’s me.

“Hey guys look! It’s the nerd that’s never kissed a guy!”

Well, that’s Cecilia for you. Anytime she can be mean to me, she is. After I finally bring my head up from looking at the ground, to my horror, Cecilia is making out with Jake. It wasn’t even passionate making out, at least for her. Cecilia’s eyes were open and staring pointedly at me.

I slowly turn around and start walking back home. I could feel tears pouring down my face. I run across the street toward my house.

BAM.

Then it went dark.
© Copyright 2010 Chloe M (chloe_miller at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1679043-Taylors-POV-1