*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1679293-Jakes-POV-2
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Drama · #1679293
This second chapter is continuing the story, but now from Jake's point of view.
I love my girlfriend and all, but sometimes she is so random. Like right now for instance. I was just standing there, waiting to say good-bye, and she just grabbed me and started making out with me. Don’t get me wrong, I love making out with her, but she took me by surprise. After a bit though, I can tell that she’s not really into it, like usual. So I open my eyes, to see that her eyes are open and are staring somewhere else. I quickly pull away and look in the direction that she’s looking. I see the stunned expression of that quiet, but still kinda cute senior, Taylor. Reitman, I think her last name is. I watch as she turns away, and starts walking fast along the sidewalk.

I turn back to Cecilia, to see if she is going to do anything, but of course, she is back talking to her friends. I turn away, and start walking down her driveway to leave. I keep to myself, despite the many people that are leaving the party. I hear the laughter and the hugged good-byes, but then I hear a much different sound. The squeal of the tires on the road as the driver tries to break, then a loud bang.

I run down the rest of the driveway and look up and down the street. That girl, Taylor, was lying motionless on the street, while a car sped away from her.

“Taylor!” I heard myself cry.

I ran over to her and kneeled beside her head. I did a quick look behind me, and realized that no one had followed me over to her. I guess no one had seen her get hit. So I quickly grab my cell and dial 911.

“911, what’s your emergency?”
I manage to splutter out “I am at the scene of a hit and run, by the van Horne mansion, and there is an unconscious 18 year old girl.”
“Do you have any medical training?”
“Yes,” I quickly reply “I am going to perform CPR until an ambulance arrives.”
“Okay sir, we’re on our way”
Click

I felt around until I found her pulse. She was alive-but barely. I knelt over her and started performing CPR.

tilt the head up...
plug the nose...
put my lips to hers...
two slow breaths...


Suddenly, from behind me, I hear the wail of an ambulance siren. I get softly pushed aside as the paramedics quickly put her on a stretcher and start taking her vital signs. They load her into the ambulance and start to close the doors.

“Wait!” I hear myself call before I can stop myself.

“I’m coming with her.”
© Copyright 2010 Chloe M (chloe_miller at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1679293-Jakes-POV-2