*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1680250-Being-a-MUM--still-in-progress
by jadess
Rated: 13+ · Other · Biographical · #1680250
The joys of being a young mum
Becoming pregnant at seventeen and having my son at eighteen was scary for me. As soon as I saw his little face, it was love at first sight. From that day, I could never imagine my life without him. I believe being a mum brings out the best in most people. The joy of watching your child grow up is so exciting. The feelings you feel when your a mum are so overwhelming. When you see you're child's face light up, it really makes your day. Words can't describe it!

Kaiden is now twenty months old and the happiest boy ever! He makes my day a happy day, everyday. Still, people will judge me for having him at the age of eighteen. The way people look at you, judging you because your young. It's like they believe I don't deserve to be a mum. Who says young mums can't be great mums?! Most adults think that we aren't mature enough to have children. I would rather be at home raising my child than out drinking. Sure I had to grow up faster but I made a choice, one which I don't regret one bit. I wake up everyday and look forward to seeing his smiling little face, when he tries to talk and show me things.

I must admit though, being a mum is the hardest job in the world, but I wouldn't change it for anything. All the sleepless nights, the tantrums which he has started to have already (AHHH). But nothing or noone would ever change the way i feel about my little boy, who is growing up WAY to fast! He is such a little character who has some attitude about him. The way he walks around when he learns something new, he thinks he's the best ever and it makes me laugh!
© Copyright 2010 jadess (jadess19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1680250-Being-a-MUM--still-in-progress