*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1680480-Prisoner-of-Life
Rated: E · Prose · Death · #1680480
People often say that the greatest blessing is life.
Prisoner of Life


People often say that the greatest blessing is life.

-How are you doing today?

-Well at least I’m alive…

What happens when life becomes a prison, when the very thought of waking up means dealing with your personal hell until it’s time to go back to sleep.
Sleep; if I could only go to sleep I could escape this dark place called life.  Sleep, they say sleep is the cousin of death.  If sleep is death’s cousin then life must be hell’s sister.  I say sister because life is most definitely a bitch.

The Bible says that hell enlarges herself.  Hell, what decides rather you go to Heaven or Hell? Answer: The way you live your life.

There are a lot of streets that lead out of life so escaping it shouldn’t be a problem.  Once you take that journey down Death Street there are two streets, but before going toward death its a few things you should know:

1.          You could live a bad life and then die and go to hell.
2.          You could live a hell of a life then die and go to hell.
3.          You could have little to no life, die, and you will still more than likely go to hell. 

However, there is a small chance you might make it to heaven.

Heaven, you might make it to heaven if you can find that street… but wait!!!  Before you go, you have to go through a street called hell in order to get to Heaven Street.  Let me be clear once you reach Hell Street there are no gas stations, stores, hospitals, and no friendly faces, if you have an emergency you will not be able to reach anyone.  Hell Street is almost never ending like its bottomless pit.  IF and I mean IF you make it through hell street you might be able to knock on heaven’s door but good luck with getting in because once you get there, there is this book…. Umm… I believe it’s called the book of life…. UH OH……. Life has never been your friend; as a matter of fact she cannot stand you that’s why she imprisoned you for X amount of years.  Life has been your enemy since day one, so what are the chances that your name is going to show up in her book.

So anyways, back at heaven’s door you wait….. Hoping and praying that after all life and her sister put you through she would be at least nice enough to put your name in her book.  You know that if your name is not there you will have to go back to her sister (hell), but that’s not the worst part… I forgot to tell you that hell is a one way street, the road back does not exist…. Sorry… So hopefully your name is in her book that way you will meet the man upstairs.
As you stand there waiting…… Finally the door keeper looks up from the book and delivers the verdict……

Message to the reader:
What is the verdict you ask? Well you have to die to find out; until then go back to that miserable, pathetic prison you call life.

© Copyright 2010 Princess Sunshine (woodsonk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1680480-Prisoner-of-Life