*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1681024-Priction-2
by RCT
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1681024
Youll find out!
My mother is upstairs in the hallway. "Young Elize"! she cries wrapping her arms around her daughter. "Mamma I'm going to America"! Her mother breaks the hug up. "My Elize stay a Priction in Priction country"! Just then her father Aba comes up the stairs. "Hema let her go, she won't listen" Her fathers words sting her heart knowing he wishes for a daughter he could be proud of. Her mother Hema pulls out a pair of scissors. "Since your leaving their is no reason for me to endure your long hair also". Before she could say no her mother cuts the hair off to a shoulder bob. " Get your bags and go" her father commands.

Elize goes to her room and grabs an expensive American suit case she got for her birthday. She packs scissors, all her red clothes and soap. She heads down stairs out the door without saying goodbye. The port is a dusty old wooden shack and stand with many men working hard all day. When she arives at the Port the man smiles. "Back again young one"? Elize nods and shoves the money in his over sized hands. "Your in luck, the American planes are here so you don't have to take a donkey" he laughs.

Elize is taken to some small town in Florida. As she walks down the street she see's a woman sitting on the curb with head phones. Her wild curls bounce as she bops her head. Elize taps the lady. She gives off a disgusted vibe and stares.

"No time for children" she spits.

"Just tell me where a couple lives" Elize pleads.

"What day look like"? she speaks in slang.

"Red headed skinny woman, man with glasses, big head and brown hair"

"The Haros are easy to find-richest couple in this town, see that house right there just knock on that door"

"Thank you"! Elize chirps as she walks.

"Your welcome sugar"!



When Elize arrives at the big house she knocks. The red headed woman opens the door up and stares. "JOHSUA"! the lady calls. Out comes the man just as startled as the lady. " Let me put this in simple words- adopt me" Elize pleads. "Follow me" the lady commands. Once inside the white house a relaxing vibe is set off.

"I'm Maro and this is my husband Joshua" She leads Elize to a purplish room with a bed and curtains without asking questions. "Your room" she smiles. Elize steps inside and feels at home.



Elize shuts the door and grabs the scissors with tears pouring down. "Priction isn't me, Priction isn't- Just then she wakes up in her bed at home in Priction. She smiles a huge smile, happy to be home. She looks under her pillow and sees the five dollars still there. She will use it to make her father proud.
© Copyright 2010 RCT (maffei at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1681024-Priction-2