*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1681067-The-Homeland-Slavation-Story-Chapter-One
Rated: E · Novel · Other · #1681067
This is Chapter One of my novel about one boy saving earth when aliens comes amongst us!
The Homeland Salvation Story
By Jake Heraty




For the past five hundred years extra terrestrials have lived amongst us. Studying us, observing, implementing their way into our society. But now the ugly truth is out, the big honcho’s of today’s governments have tried to tell us it’s a lie. It’s no lie. We have stood strong holding our heads high but today March 19, 2045 we learn that we are not alone nor will we ever be. This is the Homeland Salvation Story.


“Reporters has said it started earlier this morning. No one came outside to marvel until around four in the morning when Mr.DiAnglo woke up to sirens and lights. Many scientist say this amount of energy being forced into this thing is amount to the whole New York City skyline times five!” The television blared in the Knights home in the small city of Homeland, Tennessee. Eleven year old Jackson Knight awoke to the insightful sound of the television downstairs.

“ Dad shut off the dang TV!” yelled Jackson from his room. He was tired and he didn’t need the TV blaring through out the house at six in the morning. “ Jackson you better get you butt down here. It’s serious!” said Jackson’s father Bill downstairs. Jackson laid in bed for awhile to register the words in his head. Finally after formatting the situation in his brain he got up and looked in the mirror. He was quite skinny and scrawny for eleven but he dealt with it his own way. But for being so small he was at a healthy weight and he was not bad in the muscular section. “ Jackson where are you come down here now!” yelled his father. Jackson woke to his senses and ran downstairs.

When Jackson entered the room his father, his sister and his mother were huddled around the television set. “ What the hell?” whispered Jackson. On the tv screen was pictures of destruction and people running for their lives. Typical, what it’s the news what more are you to expect? Just as Jackson was about to tear his eyes away from the tv he saw another picture. The picture again shows destruction and madness but it was in the background that counts. “ Whoa!” exclaimed Jackson in amazment. In the background was a huge circular ship in the sky. On the predicted “ship” was odd markings. “ Daddy, is that aliens?” asked Jackson’s seven year old sister Mary. Bill looked up at the television and stated, “ Honey I have no idea.” Jackson just stood there in amazement.

The War Has Begun





Chapter One

“More and more officials are entering the press conference to discuss with the president about the intergalactic bodies that are reported as a potential threat to earth.” Said Jana Jane a local news reporter. Jana looked into the camera and stated, “Back to you, Jim.”
“ And cut. Good job, Jana. All right lets load up and get outta here!” said the camera man Joshua Finch. “All right.” Sighed Jana as she climbed into the news van. Jana lit up a cigarette, and looked at Josh. “ You gotta quit Jana.” Said Josh, as he climbed into the driver seat. Jana looked down and shook the match out, “ I know. I know.” The van sped down the street. Jana looked out the window as she thought to herself, do I believe in all this alien stuff. I mean really? Aliens, come on! Get real. If aliens were to attack I would hope the government would notify the public of treacherous zones. The van jumped onto the freeway speeding through the lanes like a speeding bullet. It happened so fast that no one saw until it was too late. As the van switched lanes for the twentieth time something hit it and it popped its tires therefore tipping the van to one side. It then skidded off to one side for a long period of time hitting cars and trucks in its path. Then the van finally stopped and the rest just couldn’t be true. The van somehow tipped over off the side of the freeway where it then fell into a lake. But the unreal part was that the passenger Jana wasn’t even hurt. At all! She got out of the passenger seat and swam to the side of the lake and fell onto her back. Josh hit his head and died.

Two Months Later

Eleven year old Jackson Knight ran out of McKinley Jr. High School. He ran out with the wind blowing onto his face. He grabbed his bike out of the bike locker and pedaled his way down the sidewalk. His wheels slipping on and off the white cement on the sidewalk. Today was Friday and he was excited to get home. Four day weekend! Ahh! He could just feel it through the vibrations of the bike! After a good ten minutes of bi riding he approaches his street. He turns right and rides halfway up the street and enters his garage. The television blarred when he walked into the house. “Mom I home” Jackson hollered as he walked through the door. Jackson dropped his bag and ran upstairs to his room. He ran and jumped onto his bed. Ah the weekends he thought to himself. He was about to close his eyes when a loud bang startled him awake. He sat up and listened for a second. But when he a second bang that is when he started running. He ran downstairs and stopped at a wall. He backed up against the wall and peeked over the side. Two tall figures were inside the kitchen. The figures were in identifiable due to the fact that they did not show their faces but Jackson just stood there, back to the wall. Jackson knew that the two figures were not his parents but as he studied their bodies he thought the figures might not be human! He turned slowly and silently on his side and walked ever so silently up the stairs and grabbed the phone off the game room coffee table. He ran into his room, he place the phone in his left hand, his strongest hand so who whoever he calls he won’t shake the receiver. Then he proceeded to dial 911. He then placed the phone to his ear.
“Nine-one-one what is your emergency?” said the operator firmly.
“ Ah, y-yes there are two t-things in my house and they are going throught my kitchen.” Said Jackson in a slight whisper.
“ Did you say things? What are these things. Are they people? Are the animals? What are they exactly?” Asked the operator.
Jackson thought this over a quick second. What is he going to tell her, he didn’t know what was in his house. Jackson finally replied, “ I don’t know exactly.”
“ Well they have to be humans.” Responded the operator in a tone that almost sounded apologetic.
“ Um gosh I don’t –“ The phone went dead. He started to panic. Quickly he put his ear to his door, there was nothing for a good minuet until as he was about to open the door he heard a loud screech and footsteps approaching Jackson’s room. Jackson covered his mouth from screaming. He looked in his mirror for a split second, maybe for comfort to make sure he himself was still there. Jackson then slowly opened the door and crawled out the doorway and hid behind a wall after hear rustling the floor below him. They were still here. But just as he was about to run into his run back into his room, he heard sirens, a lot of them.

A gunshot was sounded through out the house. Two police officers used blanks to startle whoever or whatever was in the kitchen. Jackson then quickly crawled by the stair case to see what was going on. He leaned over the stair rail to peek at the situation going on down stairs. The officers walked and searched the house. It was then Jackson ran downstairs. Jackson soon ran out of the house and was met by three police officers.
It was then Jackson figured out what was going on :

Jackson Was Becoming One Of Them
© Copyright 2010 Jake Heraty (jmax627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1681067-The-Homeland-Slavation-Story-Chapter-One