*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1681254-Year-Meridian
Rated: E · Other · Crime/Gangster · #1681254
A kind of blurb to the novel I'm writing, I would greatly welcome opinions.
Kai Meridian was one of ten gifted children, chosen and raised in the legendary Beautiful House school to be the next wave of hope and inspiration to the world. But the reality of brilliance isn't so bright.

Now a private detective, using his incomparable logic and deductive skills to solve crimes all over the world, Kai is about to come up against his biggest challenge yet: his past. As a prolific and increasingly violent serial killer terrorises England, it's not just the location that's close to Kai's heart, the whole case begins to feel uncomfortably familiar. Working with the police Kai is gradually forced to confront the fact that he isn't as distant from this case as he would like to be, and that everyone's past catches up with them eventually.

The introduction of the police cheif's beautiful but deceptive daughter to the case only serves to complicate matters, as Kai's sheltered upbringing hasn't prepared him for anyone like Darcy Lee. Young and playful, but with a strong sense of justice, how will she react when she learns how close he is to the case, and just how far he'll go to see it solved?

As the murders become more violent they become more personal until it's evident to everyone that Kai knows more than he's telling about the case. Can they trust him? Can he trust them? Can he lay his demons to rest before the bloodthirsty killer reaches out of his past for his shaky grip on the present, or is he already too late?

Solve the mystery of the Year Meridian.

© Copyright 2010 warm-as-bullets (warmasbullets at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1681254-Year-Meridian