*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1682327-Kinds-of-Bed-Sheets
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1682327
Trial post
Everyone knows bed sheets are a necessity. They are part of our daily living. At one point in people’s lives, they will need to buy bed sheets. The problem is there are various types of bed sheets. Some are made of cotton, others out of satin, and a lot more. This makes in more confusing to whether what type of bed sheet to buy because for most, they are all the same. Having a deeper understanding of what different types of bed sheets are available will surely help a lot of people to choose the right ones that fit their needs.

Cotton Bed Sheets. Almost all bed sheets are made out of cotton. When one is choosing what kind of cotton bed sheet to buy, he has an array of options to choose from. Egyptian and Supima are the two softest cotton used to make bed sheets. Polyester is also another material used to make bed sheets, but sheets made out of this tend to be less comfortable. Since poly-cotton are not wholly natural, they absorb less moisture and are less breathable.

Selecting weave and thread count are also necessary in choosing cotton bed sheets. The higher the thread count, the better the bed sheet is. A soft and breathable weave is generally produced by 200 to 400 counts. Any count higher than 500 would be more durable and softer deluxe sheet. Buyers need to be careful though because some manufacturers tend to swindle these counts.

Jersey Bed Sheets. These bed sheets are popularly know as t-shirt sheets they look and feel like a cotton t-shirt. These sheets have a good stretch quality which makes them fit nice and tight. This is because jersey bed sheets are made out of knit cotton. They are extremely durable—a good choice for bed sheet buyers.

Flannel Bed Sheets. Flannel is measured by weight per square yard, not by thread count. These are very nifty during cool climates and winter seasons. If one wishes to find quality flannel bed sheets, he should find no less than 4 oz. per square yard. Flannel sheets which weigh more are softer.

Satin Bed Sheets. These sheets can be very luxurious if you choose the right ones. If a buyer chooses the wrong satin sheets, he will end up with uncomfortable sheets. A very important thing to remember when buying satin bed sheets is whether they are knit or woven. Knit satin sheets are not smooth and soft to sleep on, though they may look silky smooth and shiny. For maximum comfort, woven satin sheets are preferred.

         Knowing the right information about the types of bed sheet can save people from insomnia due to uncomfortable sheets. It is always important to remember these, so buying bed sheets would be easier and more convenient.

© Copyright 2010 soulmates (soulm8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1682327-Kinds-of-Bed-Sheets