*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1683011-No-Sunshine
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Nonsense · #1683011
Are you what I want or what society has told me I want?
I wonder where you could be, who you are and where you are from.
You remain a nameless faceless man to me, the only thing defined is your stature. Tall and sturdy, very muscular, a rock.
You and I have much in common, and yet no clue of the other.
I imagine the things we will do, the places we will go and the people we will meet.
The memories we will make, but if for just a moment.

I have conversations with no one while lying in bed, or thinking of things to show you.
But who, who are you?
One comes to wonder if I have not already missed you, or maybe I have already met you, maybe the timing was off.
Life is nothing but timing.

At times you seem like nothing but a ghost, and the man I adore just a figment of ones imagination.
Mine? Or what society has told me you should be?
That I do not know the answer to.

I feel consumed by my desire to find you, to know you and to share my life with you.
Forgetting that my lesson in life may be to know and understand what it means to walk alone.
But how could that be when considering a gregarious creature.

It seems from my history in love that I am nothing but cursed.
The taste of it bittersweet.
I no longer want to be under the spell of a naive thirteen year old girl, whose idea of love comes from that of a book.
But deep down, isn't that what every girl dreams of?

The rock hard, sturdy man, with chiseled good looks who comes to sweep us off our feet and try and fulfill my every dream.
© Copyright 2010 Naomi McDaniel (tattooedvixen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1683011-No-Sunshine