*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685814-Excerpt-from-Does-Your-Flame-Flicker
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Inspirational · #1685814
Imagining what God has given YOU.
This is an except from my book "Does Your Flame Flicker?" by Grampa Ed.
    As you read this you may want to close your eyes to envision what you have just read. God has given us a lot, have you thanked him for any of it? This is from page 27 of the book.
      Envision cherry trees in bloom in Washington DC or cherry trees in a Japanese garden with a white Japanese stye fence, a pond, pagoda, and nicely trimmed bushes, etc.
      Now think about a road during the fall with many trees on both sides, all in color, for us to see as we drive or walk down the road.
      Now think of trees, bushes, tall grass and short grass covered with a heavy white frost and a beautiful blue sky. The frost being whiter than snow.
      How about mountain ranges, reaching for the sky, with their snow covered peaks?
      How about acres and acres of wild flowers all in bloom?
      Now let's go for a walk in a beautiful park or a small wooded area in the fall, with the tree leaves all in color, and the leaves on the ground crunching under your feet.
      How about swimming in a beautiful blue lagoon on a small island, with a beautiful beach and no one else around?
      How about a beautiful bright rainbow in the sky after a beautiful soft rain?
      How about shooting stars or a comet going through the night sky?
      Now think about being at a lake in the evening darkness, with the fog moving in, partially hiding the trees. You can hear a lot of animals out there in the distance, like deer, frogs, racoons, a dog in the distance, an occasional fish breaking water, and the coolness is setting in.
      Now think of some item that you think is beautiful, just for you.
      Did you remember to "Thank God?"
  This is not in the book but I want you to do it if you never have. Any of the items above you should get out and enjoy what God has given us, for tomorrow may never come. Enjoy.
© Copyright 2010 GRAMPA ED (gramped72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685814-Excerpt-from-Does-Your-Flame-Flicker