*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685873-The-man-in-the-water
Rated: E · Short Story · Philosophy · #1685873
A moral of living life in a shell.
there was a man who lived in the water. The reason he lived there was because he was left there by the people who loved the most and therefor he also loved in return. He stayed in the water, always wading, waiting for someone to come along because he was so lonely. And when someone finally did come along he showed them everything that was beautiful about the way of water, how to swim in all sorts of different ways, the deepest caves, the most beautiful chorals. But they always ended up leaving and the the man was left alone with no one but himself, but he was happy.
    More and more people started come down to the water. But after talking with them for so long he figured out that they were running, they were all just running, from what he could not figure out. And soon enough people started interrogating him as to why he only stayed in the water but he always fought hard as to why he was there, it was his home it was all he knew.
  But one day he decided after seeing everything that there was to see that he would return to land. But when he did he saw what everyone was running from. There were buildings, and roads, and murders, and drama between humans. He understood what it was like to want to get away. So he returned to the water to be happy alone. to live alone and die alone, because no matter what he knew this was the only thing that could be true.
© Copyright 2010 Peter Arcapelago (sortofsordid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685873-The-man-in-the-water