*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1724330-The-Sword-and-the-stone
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Dark · #1724330
The trials and tribulations of hard work.
There was a man who wanted to fashion a sword so he could prove he was worth something, so he set out on a journey to fashion the greatest sword there ever was. He walked for miles through the desert to find the most perfect stone from which to carve this sword from, but when he found it the stone was to heavy for this man to lift so he waited years and years for someone to come along with a horse and a buggy to help him carry the stone back to town. and when someone finally came they carried the stone back into town on a rickety brown buggy. But when he got the stone back he did not have to tools strong enough from which to carve the stone into the most finely fashioned sword so he spent years and years fashioning tools to carve the stone trying different metals and methods until finally he fashioned the correct set of tools but when he went to carve the sword he was not sure of how he wanted it to look, after all this time it had to be the most finely fashioned sword anyone could ever possibly imagine. so he spent years and years making sure that it was the most strong, the most smart and the most original sword that anyone had ever laid eyes upon until finally he got the design just right. and finally he could fashion his sword and it took years and years to create until finally the sword was done, but for what? everyone had left and or died in the time of his quest. in the end he realized the only one he had to prove anything to was himself and ended his own life using the sword he had created for which he was happy to do knowing he had accomplished the best he could in his own right and knowing there was nothing more to live for.
© Copyright 2010 Peter Arcapelago (sortofsordid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1724330-The-Sword-and-the-stone