*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1686697-Thoughts-of-the-Chattering-Mind
by Sai
Rated: · Other · Personal · #1686697
Trail of words painting a picture of my thoughts as they shift, run, overlap each other.
Why is it that when I want to write something I go blank and cant seem to find the right words? At the rate I’m going I should probably prepare myself to say goodbye to a writing career. I write a blog twice a year for crying out loud! How the hell am I supposed to write a book? I love reading...I go nuts when I’m around books. Yet, I haven’t been able to finish a book in the last two months. Wish I was a librarian or at least reincarnate as one.

Recently I found a cotton candy shop on my way home, a huge puff just for 10 bucks! Couldn’t help myself, can’t remember when was the last time I had one. More than the taste it’s the appearance that is so appealing. It makes one think of pleasant things, good memories. I wonder if anyone can have a bad memory about cotton candy? Not unless you are allergic to it.

I realized today that if you want something badly all you need to do is be patient and work hard for it...and it will come to you. Usually it does, just a matter of time...some call it destiny while others believe it’s all about how much effort you put in. Such thoughts lead to the age old debate of chicken and egg. It all boils down to how you look at things ultimately.

Well, ramblings of a chattering mind, jumping from one thought to another. While writing these lines I must have thought about a dozen things, is it normal? Couldn’t be, normal and I can never be in the same room and survive. Some time back I saw this interesting movie called New York I Love You, it seems to run at the same speed as my train of thoughts, scattered and shifting between stories. Set in New York, each incidence tells a romantic story, how we all go on about our lives unaware of people around us. A compilation of stories shot by different directors, intermingling seamlessly. Well, I guess I should get back to my reading now. Those reading my wandering thoughts, have mercy on your poor soul and do something useful!
No writer would ever say that... Damn!


© Copyright 2010 Sai (saisayani at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1686697-Thoughts-of-the-Chattering-Mind