*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1687396-The-Unknown
by Felina
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1687396
Felina Night thinks she's alone, but is she really?
sorry it took so long anyhow here it is! enjoy!!!

I smiled that strange jaguar smile as the wind rushed through my ebony fur. there was nothing mor peaceful or more exhilarating than running through an evergreen forest during the witching hour. I raised my muzzle skyward scenting the air. it was fairly normal, lots of smog and a few day old animal traces. i could tell i was nearing the outskirts of the forests, the trees were thinning out and there was more human scents filling my nose. it was getting late anyway and i would probably scare the wits out of any one who caught a glimpse of me, the sight of a jaguar stalkig out of your local forest would be enough to freak most anyone out.i tested the air with my nose once again to see if i would get a whiff of anything i might have missed. there was an odd scent of human mixed with spice, and the smell seemed familiar, but i disregarded it. i've been in these woods alot, so i probably had smelled it before. i turned and headed for home, i had school tomorrow.
******************
(the stars mean a break in time)

  In the distant part of my brain i heard noises, a throat cleared, a voice raised. i started swimming up through the many layers of sleep-fogged mid functions and heard my name. loud and clear.
  "FELINA!" Mrs. Jones cried yet again, clearly exasperated. "Would you at least care to pay attention? this is very important material! how will you ever pass mid terms if...." she drones on and the torture continued. Mrs. Jones, my Financial Advisement teacher, had one of those terribly boring lecturing voices, the voice that is quiet and lures you into a the soft, cozy embrace of sleep.
  After my run last night, i finally crawled through my window at about 1:30am. this was all just a bad combination of a sleepless night and a boring first period. not my fault Mrs. Jones made this class so perfect for sleeping...
  I raised my head and blinked my dark violet eyes at her. it was unmistakeable that i had just been asleep. the red blotch on my normally pale forehead was proof enough for anyone.
  "Now that i have your attention, would you care to explain to everyone why you are priveleged enough to sleep in class while thay aren't? I'm sure we're all interested in hearing your elaborate excuse." Mrs. Jones said bitingly.
  'of course mrs. jones!' i thought to myself sarcastically, 'last night i was out running in the woods until 1:30am! oh and the best part is, you'll never guess! i was a JAGUAR!!!!' but of course i couldn't say that. everyone would freak out or simpy not believe and call me a liar. everyoone including my parents. i don't see any reason why i should tell my parents, they're only my parents according to the law, and besides, my stepdad alresdy hates me enough thinking im just a plain old human, i can only imagine how much he would hate me if he found out my secret...
  " No Mrs. Jones, i don't have a plausible excuse. i merely stayed up too late last night." i knew i would be sent to the principal's office in about 3.5 seconds, it wouldn't even matter if i get ent up there again, it would be the third time this week and it was only Tuesday. a VERY short temper will do that to you.
  "Very well then," Mrs. Jones relented, or so it sounded like, "seeing as sending you to the principal's office never works," the entire class made sounds of agreement that made me grind my teeth in anger, and i also heard the sharp clicking that was a dead give-away of someone texting their possy about the weird girl getting chewed out in first period. "it's detention for you. oh, and jessica? give me your phone." Mrs. Jones concluded calmly.
  see? told ya someone was was texting. my temper started to spike and with it, the beast inside me started to rise. i sloced my eyes, gritted my teeth and clenched my fists. i would not lose it in the middle of class over the stupid clickish preppy jessica. i let my breath out slow, making sure i wouldn't hurt someone. once i was calm i allowed my self some brownie points. i relaxed my posture and opened my eyes. Mrs. Jones was giving me that pointed look that says 'ignore me, i dare you'
  "What dou youu want me to say?" i exploded. "that i'm coming? i don't really have a choice in that department. SO QUIT STARING AND I'LL BE HERE LATER!!!" I yelled at her, losing my temper once again. so much for calm and collected.
  I heard furious clicking, coming from a different part if the room this time. I whipped my head around, my long black hair fanning out as i did so, and glared death in the direction i had heard the phone. "Mrs. Jones, you'll be interested to know that Zach has his phone out." the words came out so low it was almost a deadly whisper. His head snapped up to attention at his name while i still sent daggars with my eyes. if looks could kill...
  " Zach, give me your phone." Mrs. Jones didn't even hesitate. "Oh and Felina, you now have detention for today tomorrow and well, the rest of the week, and saturday school. my advice to you is to never yell at a teacher again. maybe this will teach you a lesson of respect." she finished coldly.
  It was suddenly my turn not to hesitate, and i really should have bit my tongue, but i didn't. "Oh i know ALL about respect Mary, you just don't have mine and you never will, because you are just a lonely old woman hoping to make other people as miserable as you." i leveled my eyes with hers.
  "GET OUT!!!! GET OUT OF MY CLASSROOM FELINA NIGHT!!! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOUR DISRESPECTFUL FACE IN THIS ROOM EVER AGAIN!!!!" Mrs. Jones screamed hysterically.
  "not a problem." i said calmly. i gathered up my stuff, slung my bag over my shoulder and walked out. i paused at the door, turned and delivered my parting shot: "takes one disrespectful wench to know one." with that i headed to my second period class. as i walked, the bell rang. 
© Copyright 2010 Felina (felina.night at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1687396-The-Unknown