*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1688648-Writers-Retreat-with-Erica-Jong
Rated: E · Other · Educational · #1688648
Writers' Retreat with Erica Jong and Barbara Victor: August 27-29 2010
MASTER CLASS WRITERS’ RETREAT WITH ERICA JONG AND BARBARA VICTOR
August 27-29, 2010; Ancramdale, NY

The Woodhull Institute for Ethical Leadership is pleased to announce our first Master Class – Writers’ Retreat. A unique opportunity to obtain the skills necessary to successfully publish both your fiction and nonfiction works!

WHERE
NY Retreat Facility: The Woodhull Retreat Center, Ancramdale, NY (2-1/2 hours north of New York City) in the beautiful Berkshire Mountain region.

WHY
Women are underrepresented as authors and opinion writers. In a long weekend of writing instruction and one-on-one critique, participants gain fundamental knowledge of: developing, marketing and pitching works of fiction.

OVERVIEW
Surprisingly, many otherwise talented fiction writers have never been taught the basic skill of organizing their material – their narrative or their argument – along the lines of a coherent and clear outline. The outline is the scaffolding for all good and marketable writing and teaching retreatants to apply an outline method clarifies their work for publication, whether the text in question is as short as a 700 word op-ed or as substantial as a 100,000 word book.

You will be taught
-how to create a winning book proposal
-how to connect with an agent
-how the publishing cycle works
-how to identify a winning idea

WHO
We are privileged to have this special retreat led by bestselling authors Erica Jong and Barbara Victor.

Erica Jong, novelist, poet, and essayist, has consistently used her craft to help provide women with a powerful and rational voice in forging a feminist consciousness. She has published 20 books, including eight novels, six volumes of poetry, six books of non-fiction and numerous articles in magazines and newspapers such as the New York Times, the Sunday Times of London, Elle, Vogue and The New York Times Book Review.

Barbara Victor is a journalist who has covered the Middle East for most of her career.  She worked for CBS television for fifteen years, has worked at U.S. News and World Report, Elle, Femme and Madame Figaro.  She was the first person to interview Moammar Ghadaffi after the American bombing of Libya in 1986, and has interviewed many major political figures in the U.S. and the Middle East.  Barbara is the author of five novels and seven non-fiction books.

COST
Tuition : $495
Room & Board: $100 per night

*Please note; the Woodhull Institute has made a commitment to women regardless of economic background. In that light, we provide need-based scholarships and very flexible payment plans. Contact our office at (646) 435-0837 for more information.

To register, visit us at:
http://woodhull.tv/programs/master-class-writers/
Please feel free to contact me (Ali) with any questions about the retreat at alicarr@woodhull.org

WHAT IS WOODHULL
The Woodhull Institute for Ethical Leadership is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nonsectarian educational organization that provides ethical leadership training and professional development for women. Too often, success has been measured in terms of the accumulation of power and wealth, with almost no consideration of how these accomplishments have been achieved. Ethical leadership is concerned with the means as well as the ends to personal and professional achievements. As such, Woodhull has developed a community that encourages women to lead with honesty, respect, courage and compassion; to strive for the common ground in decision-making; and to share in community service.

For more information about The Woodhull Institute, visit us at www.woodhull.org
© Copyright 2010 Woodhull (ali4woodhull at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1688648-Writers-Retreat-with-Erica-Jong