*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1688779-life
by G
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1688779
a little something for those who need some hope
In all honesty, things happen for a reason. We never know the outcome of something until we go for it. We either come out feeling amazing & uplifted because the risk we took was greater than the reward or we end up feeling down in the gutter because we just made one of the biggest mistakes of our lives. But it’s these mistakes and life lessons that teach us a little about ourselves. It will show us how coward we are to run away, how brave we are to walk forward, or how childish we are to need to grow up. It’s these things in life that build us into the person we become in the future, day by day. Even though we never stop learning & NEVER stop growing, with these trial & errors in life we slowly mold. It’s never certain on why these things happen, they just do. Wouldn’t you love to have control of it! Truth is you can’t, it’s all in the hands of fate...the big man upstairs. I’ve learned through my very own trials and tribulations that it gets easier to deal with down the line. I can’t say that I’ve been through Hell and back, but I’ve been down low to the ground not close enough to feel the heat of the flames from down there but low enough to feel the pain & hurt of what was effecting me. From the pressures in school to the bittersweet feelings of being home. The disappointment of those who you thought cared & your own self confidence problems. Its sounds like nothing but at the time I was naïve, young, and hadn’t realized yet how far worse it could be. I’ve learned to appreciate the little things that get me through the hurt. I’ve learned that I cry when I’m frustrated and let me tell you crying never felt so good. Then there were the “crushes”. The guys you liked and like, the ones who hurt you & maybe some that you’ve hurt. We never forget the feeling of our 1st real crush or love or just that special someone. We eventually get over it but we just never forget how it feels. Then when it happens again it hurts u, maybe not the same but you do feel it. We have to understand that things happen for a reason. Things are never set in stone & when they are, that’s the luck that has struck us like a rare thunderstorm. It happens every once in a while & when it does it’s a smart thing to hold on to it. But there are complications & then that’s where the control you want over life comes into play. You have the choice to stay with complications, fix the complications or walk away for the benefit of you. Regardless of what you do, what you say, or where you go…the control we have is the control of what makes us happy. We can decide what to do & what not to do. To understand these things makes it easier to get through. It doesn’t stop the hurt but you realize that it could be worse and that your strong enough to get past it. If Ghandi starved himself, then you could do it. So what have we learned? Shit happens, accept that and be willing to move on, we can’t dread on things because then we’d just be another pathetic story...
© Copyright 2010 G (anonymousg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1688779-life