*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1691291-A-War-before-a-War-Displace
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1691291
Fiction A War before a war 2: Displace *present time*
"They let me pick. Choose whichever recruit I wanted. I watched as you became the soldier you were needed to be. Like the others, you were strong and determined and focused. A natural. But you had something the other's didn't. Something no one else saw, but me. Do you know...? Humor" SGT. Emmanuel to PFC Storm


PFC Storm report to armor ASAP! Storm removed himself from the table and tossed the plastic lunch tray in the trash.
He made his way down a long corridor to a room marked: ARMOR PROCESSING. He opened the door and two Military officers escorted him down another long hallway until they came to a room marked: PROJECTS. One officer opened the door and pointed inward. Storm stepped in at the other end of the room was a general and Sergeant Emmanuel.

In between them was what Storm made out to be some type of armor that integrated the Kevlar helmet with the rest of the body, except their was a blue visor that seemed to flash with light inside every couple of seconds. The PFC greeted his superiors. "Storm this is General Brian, he wanted to meet you personally." Brian's gruff voice bellowed out of his throat. "PFC Storm how are you in this fine desert that we call Persia?" "Um...besides the heat, its cool." "Sergeant Major here tells me you joined up just this November?" "Y-Yes, sir passed basic and I was sent here immediately after, place in command of my squad by Sergeant Emmanuel himself."

Brian turned towards the rooms only window and looked out on the desert landscape of mountains. "Storm, we're fighting a war that should have ended in the 18th century, when the enemy was above land and visible. Now they're in cave that are who knows how the hell far deep into the earth they go." "Our last known visual placed the Rash'eed at exactly 6500 feet below sea level, do you know where the hell that is?" "Close to the very core of Earth s-sir." Storm replied."The Sergeant Major also tells me you were trapped down there for 2 weeks and killed more than 50 of the Rash'eed." "That's true sir." Storm began to wonder if he was being scolded or applauded. "Storm do you know what that is in the center of the room?" "Some sort of protective gear or armor sir?" Storm sighed with relief.

"That is ANGRIFF TORMENTA Type I armor made of both kevlar and titanium, the only of it's kind. It was originally intended for Special Forces but they wanted no part of this, so I brought it to the 94th Mechanized to find someone who would want to test it and Sergeant Emmanuel recommended you." Brian continued to stare outside. "Recently we received a coded message from an inside source of the Rash'eed. Their looking for something..... a weapon and according to this source this weapon would shake the earth apart."

"What do you need me to do sir?" there was a moment of silence "It's not what I need, it's what our Country and planet need Storm..... For you to find and stop the Rash'eed from activating this weapon by whatever means are at your disposal..... Including..... this armor."
© Copyright 2010 Joshua Ware (abordeau at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1691291-A-War-before-a-War-Displace