*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1691855-A-Burning-Love
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1691855
A short story of how love can take a deadly turn. Visit http://www.bishbop09.tumblr.com
A Burning love

There’s a drumming noise inside my head that starts when you’re around. I swear that you could hear it, it makes such an all mighty sound. As I move my feet towards your body I can hear this beat it fills my head up and gets louder and louder.

I wake with this new found tune in my head, I remember listening to this Album and getting to this song. When I listened to the song I listened to the words and taking in the beat. It sounded as if this song was written just for me. The past few months now I have known you and you are all I can think about. I cant help but think about you all day from when I wake to when I'm laying in bed in the dark before I sleep. I am starting to wish I never picked that shop of all shops to work in due to the fact you work there. I cant stop feeling this way, it hurts to much when I try and forget and when  I'm thinking about you it just hurts just as much.

Every time I see you I can hear my own heart beat in my head, just like the song says about a drumming noise in my head that starts when you're around. Every time I get close to you it just fills my head up with beats and gets harder and louder. We can't be together, not that you don't want to be with me its the fact that we cant.

This morning I could not take it any more, just one way was left to stop this burning fire that is you in my mind. I got out of bed tears already falling down my face, I got dressed and sorted my self out. I grabbed my MP3 Player and put this song on repeat. I walked out to back door not even waiting for anyone in my house to talk to me. I walked to work listening to this song and only thinking of you, I don't even remember walking there. I walked in to work and everyone comes up and says hello. I say hi to you and my heart drops knowing I will never get to hold your hand or even just embrace you. The hours pass and the shop began to get busy. Every time I looked at you that beat in my head started again. I remember feeling completely numb all day but from when I looked at you or spoke to you when that heart braking pain returned.

I remember feeling my soul snap as I started to walk off the shop floor to the third floor where the managers office was. I walk in and he is not there, I walk to the CCTV station and cut the CCTV off. I then walk to the second floor directly above the shop floor and grabbing a lighter out of my pocket. I grabbed a pile of paper work and set it alight. It was burning quickly so I just chucked it over my head. It landed on a pile of boxes of TV's and Laptops, soon the whole room would be ablaze. I remember the fire system, then the alarms starting. I stay there watching the flames grow higher and higher. My soul feeling nothing but numbness. The door bursts open and someone grabs be from behind and drags me outs clearly seeing I started this. Before I know it I am out side the front of the shops with all the customers and staff. The crowd was growing as the smoke and flames burst from the top windows. I watched and waited for my moment. Then a sections of ceiling on shop floor cracked and feel to the floor.

The shop quickly sets ablaze covering the whole store. No one was here to put the fire out so I knew this was my moment, I ran from the front of the crowd tears already leaving my eyes. I remember turning back and looking at your shocked face one more time. I run in to the shop the heat crashing in to my skin burning it straight away. I stand in the centre of the shop looking around remember all the memoires, where I first spoke to you, where you first touched me, where we used to chat. I screamed out in pain, not from the heat or smoke but the pain of not having you. I spun on the spot watching my flames take this life away hopefully taking the pain with it too.

I turn back facing the front of the shop and see someone running in. I then see it was you, trying to make your way to me before the heat got to much for you. My skin felt like it was going to crack open. At one point it did and the hot blood rushed down my arms almost sizzling. Tears from the pain came faster washing the ash and smoke away from my face. You  screamed something at me but all I hear was a beat. The beat of my heart again, even now from all the screaming and bangs from the shops braking apart all I could hear was the beat. You went to grab me but another section of the shop caved in near by. I remember falling to my knees from the fear and drumming noise.
Louder than sirens, louder than bells, sweeter than heaven and harder than hell. I just wanted this pain to go away now. I said one last thing to you as you fall to my level “I love you, save you're self but before I don't want to die alone” I knew you heard me as you garbed my face but the heat and smoke flooded me as I fell in to darkness.
© Copyright 2010 Bishbop09 (bishbop09 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1691855-A-Burning-Love