*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1695949-Nursing-Dr-Miller
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by tomcat
Rated: 18+ · Other · Erotica · #1695949
A string story in parts. I'm looking for feedback and suggestions,help me grow.
    The Christmas party for the surgical department was well attended.  The newest addition to the team was Carla, a registered nurse who came to Kingdom Hospital after completing the certified registered nurse anesthetist program with all A’s. 

    She glanced around the room, noting the beautiful after five dresses all the other women were wearing. Everyone danced and drank freely, except her.  She had chosen her best black suit and added a rhinestone necklace and earrings her girlfriend had given her for her birthday two years ago.  Carla’s world revolved around books, her computer and her german shepherd, Sargent and nothing else crept in.  Fashion sense had never been on her list of priorities.  If an article of clothing fit and was clean, she wore it.  Tonight she wished she had asked her best friend Andrea for some help picking out the right outfit. 

    Conversation was also one of her weaker subjects and her shyness caused her to look down and away when she spoke to others.  Several people walked by her table and said hello, but none of them stayed very long.  Feeling out-of-place, Carla rose from her chair to leave.

    “Would you like to dance?” a deep voice said loudly over the pulsating music.

    Carla’s mouth fell open in disbelief.  She quickly looked down and shook her head no.

    “Come on.  You can’t just sit here all night long looking so gorgeous all by yourself,” Dr. Miller said.  He reached for hand and tired to tug her toward the dance floor.

    Carla had watched Dr. Gregory Miller since the first day she came to Kingdom County Hospital.  Her fantasies had been filled with him and his sensual lips.  She often dreamed of him holding her in his arms and kissing her deeply.  Now here she was about to dance with him.

    They had taken three steps toward the dance floor when a bell went off in Carla’s head.  She couldn’t dance.  Snatching her hand away from Dr. Miller gentle but firm hold, she backed away. 

    “What’s wrong?” Dr. Miller asked.

    “I..I can’t dance,” Carla told him.

    Dr. Miller walked back toward her, stopping to lift her chin so that he could look into her brown eyes.  “It’s ok, I’m not a very good dancer either.  Just move your feet from side to side.  It’ll be fun.”

    His touch sent a warm current through her body and his seductive smile told her that he could make all of her fantasies come true.  Carla quickly looked away.  Her face turned red with embarrassment. 

    Dr. Miller’s smile grew wider.  He hadn’t seen a woman blush from embarrassment in a long while.  Woman shamelessly flaunted their bodies and made sexual advances toward him on a daily basis.  None of that appealed to him.

    He knew the first time he saw her at a staff meeting that she was shy and full of innocence.  He had kept a watchful eye on her.  His male peers would not care that she was innocence, they would use her up sexually and then throw her away.

      His protective nature made him wanted to keep her from being hurt, but if his pasted failed relationships were any example of the type of heart-break he would bring her, he was the last person she needed in her life.

    Dr. Miller took her hand and lead her on to the dance floor. He pulled her into his arms and gently swayed with her. Her small frame fit perfectly into the curve of his body. His six-foot three inches height allowed him to rest his chin on top of her head. He could smell the faint scent of her strawberry shampoo in her hair. He fought the urge to run his finger through it. 

    Carla stiffened in his arms. She felt his penis harden against her stomach and the heat of his body against hers. She didn’t know what to do. This was the first time she had ever danced with a man before. Was this a normal reaction for men when they danced close to a woman? Carla was sure that her presence wasn’t the cause of his arousal, although he was making her panties wet. 

    To her relief the song came to an end. When Dr. Miller moved away from her she dropped her head so that he couldn’t see her shame. He continued to hold her hand as he led her back to her table. 

    “Thank you for dancing with me. I think I’m going to head home,” Carla said. 

    Carla turned to grab her coat off the back of the chair she was standing in front of. When she turned back around, Dr. Miller was standing directly in front of her. 

    “I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable. I’ll leave you alone if you want me to,” Dr. Miller said. 

    “It’s not you, Dr. Miller…” 

    “Please call me Greg.” 

    “Ah, Greg. I don’t feel so great. I think I might have eaten something that doesn’t agree with me.” Carla lied. She wanted to leave before she made a fool of herself. 

    Carla turned to head toward the door, but Dr. Miller stopped her by placing his  hand on her shoulder. 

    “I was really hoping I could get to know you better,” Dr. Miller told her. 

    Carla was speechless. Why would he want to get to know her better? Every woman at Kingdom County Hospital would do anything to get his attention. She was flattered by his interest in her but she was also aware of his reputation. 

    “I really need to head home.  Thank you again for the dance,” she told him. 

    “At least let me walk you to your car.” 

    “Well, I guess that’s alright.” 

    Dr. Miller followed her outside to her car. When they reached her car she pulled her keys from her purse and tried to open the door, but she dropped her keys because her hands were trembling. Dr. Miller’s presence made her nervous. 

    Dr. Miller retrieved her keys from the ground and opened the door for her and handed her keys back to her. The cold crisp night air blew her thick wavy hair into her face. At that moment Dr. Miller had never seen a more beautiful woman. He reach out and pushed her hair out of face and then covered her lips with his. 

    Carla body tingled all over. She had never felt like this before. She grabbed at his suit coat wanting to taste more of him. 

    A car door slammed near by, startle them and broke the contact between them. Carla instantly looked down. Dr. Miller raised her chin and stared down into her beautiful face. 

    “Are you sure you have to leave now?” he asked. 

    Before she could respond a beeper went off. The both reached for their pagers. Tonight Carla was on call, and Dr. Miller was always on call. It was Carla’s beeper that went off. 

    “I’m sorry, I have to go,” Carla said sadly. 
© Copyright 2010 tomcat (tomcat68 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1695949-Nursing-Dr-Miller