*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696604-Nursing-Dr-Miller-Part-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by tomcat
Rated: 18+ · Other · Erotica · #1696604
This is a novel in progress about the lives of staff members of a hospital.
    Carla wanted to throw her beep out of the window as she drove down the street heading toward Kingdom County Hospital.  Her body tingled all over from the kiss she shared with Dr. Miller.  She knew that she was being foolish, believing a man like him would really be interested in a plan Jane like her.  At the moment her body didn’t seem to care.   

    She had heard the women in the locker room talk about the wild sex that had experienced with the doctors at Kingdom County, including Dr. Miller.  Some of the doctors were married and had children, but the women didn’t seem to care as long as they enjoyed the sex or got what ever financial favors they asked for.   

    The gossip about Dr. Miller was always juicy.  The nurses always said how passionate he was, but all their tales ended with heart break.  It was hard to believe what the nurses said about his callous behavior after a sexual encounter.  He had a track record of never returning phone calls after one night of passion.   

    Carla usually called before she went to the hospital to see what was going on, but tonight she didn’t.  When she arrived at the hospital she went straight to the nurses’ station in the surgical department to find out what case she was assigned to.  She prayed it wasn’t Dr. Weiner; he always tried to play grab ass with the nurse during scrub in.    The charge nurse informed her that the surgeon was Dr. Kemp.  He was a good surgeon and was easy to get along with.   

    Carla case was a twenty year old female car accident victim.  She had a ruptured spleen and a broken leg.  After reviewing the patient’s chart, Carla went to the locker room to change into scrubs and then to scrub in for the surgery.   

    Dr. Kemp walked into the scrub room just as Carla was finishing up.  He smiled at her and winked after he said hello.   

    “I’ve never seen you in make up before.  You look nice Carla,” Dr. Kemp said.   

    “Thank you,” Carla replied.  She dropped her head and slipped through the doors that lead to the surgical suite.  She headed straight for her anesthesia machine to check the flow meters and supplies.  Slowly the other members of the surgical team arrived.   

    During the three-hour surgery, Dr. Kemp would look up at her and ask her how she was doing.  During the six months she had worked at Kingdom County, no one had paid her any attention let alone hit on her.  Could a little make-up and eye shadow be the cause of all of this attention?   

    When the surgery was complete, Carla changed her clothes in the locker room and headed to her car.   

    “Carla,” someone yelled.   

    Carla looked around the parking lot toward the direction she hear the voice and saw Dr. Kemp walking quickly toward her.   

    “Hey, wait up.  I was hoping I would see you before you left.  You did a wonderful job tonight.  Why don’t we go and grab something to eat since we both missed most of the Christmas party?” Dr. Kemp asked.   

    “Thank you for offering, but I’m tired.  I think I’ll go home and get some rest,” she replied.   

    “I bet if Dr. Miller asked you out for something to eat you wouldn’t have turned him down,” Dr. Kemp said with contempt.   

    Carla’s looked up at Dr. Kemp in shock.   

    “I’ve seen how you look at him.  You want him bad don’t you?” he said.   

    “I don’t know what you’re talking about and your married Dr. Kemp.”   

    “My wife and I have an understanding.  I do whatever I want to and she spends my money however she wants to.”  Dr. Kemp moved closer to Carla to stroke her arm.  “I’m just looking for a little fun.  No one has to know what goes on between us,” he says with a grin.   

    “Dr. Kemp, I just come here to do my job and go home.  I’m not trying to get involved with anyone.  Thank you again for the dinner invitation.”   

    Carla pulled her arm away and continued to her car.  She quickly unlocked the door and got in, locking the door as soon as the door closed.  She looked in the rearview mirror and examined her reflection.  A little make-up did make her more attractive, but she wasn’t happy with the attention it was causing.  From now on make-up would be saved for special occasions only.   

    Carla stripped out of her clothes and headed for the shower.  She stood in the shower and let the hot water wash away the make-up and the dirt of the day.  The heat on her face reminded her of the Dr. Miller’s hand touching her face.  She thought of the feel of his lips devouring hers during their heated kiss.  The tingling sensation returned to her body making her shiver under the pressure of the hot water.   

    Carla turned off the water and hurried from the shower.  She dried herself quickly, admonishing herself for her thoughts.  No matter how attracted she was to Dr. Miller, she would have to push it from her mind.  She would not allow herself to be another one of his conquest.   

    A familiar beeping sound caused her to freeze in place.   

    “Not again,” Carla said.   

    She retrieved her beeper to return the call.  The number wasn’t to the nurse station, nor did it begin with the prefix of any of the hospital phone numbers.   

    From her cell phone she dialed and waited for someone to answer.   

    “Hello,” a male voice said.   

    “Did you just call 313-555-1574?” Carla asked.   

    “Carla, this is Dr. Miller.  I’m sorry to call you like this, but I wanted to talk to you about what happen between us tonight.” 
“What do you want to talk about?” Carla asked.     

    “I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable or anything.  I think you’re a very attractive woman and I was thinking that maybe we could get to know each other better away from work.  Maybe we could have dinner tomorrow night if your available,” Dr.  Miller said.     

    Carla sighed loudly.  Carla didn’t consider herself an attractive woman by any stretch of the imagination.  She had always been shy and introverted.  In college she stayed in her dorm room and studied while her roommates and friends went out and partied.  She was never asked out by any of the guys on campus and that was alright with her.     

    In less than twenty-four hours she had been kissed by the man of her dreams and asked out to dinner twice.  Carla sincerely doubted that a little make up and her Sunday suit had drawn this much attention from two prominent doctors who could have any woman that they wanted.     

    “Dr. Miller thank you for the offer but I think that I’m going to have to pass.  I don’t think its a good idea to get involved with the  people you work with.”     

    “Oh, ok.  I guess maybe your right.  Again sorry for calling you so late.  I guess I’ll see you at work then.  Good night.”     

    “Good night Dr. Miller.”     

    Dr. Miller pushed the end button on his cell phone and leaned his head back on the leather head rest of his Mercedes 350.  He had left the Christmas party right after he watched Carla drive away.  He drove around trying to clear his head.  He couldn’t get her out of his mind.  Seeing Carla’s dressed nicely in a suit that showed off her shapely legs made the interest he had in her more heady.  He lost all control when he held her in his arms and danced with her.  She fit perfectly in his arms.     

    In the past it had been his rule as well to never date woman he worked with.  But a man could only take so much.  Women from every department at Kingdom County Hospital approached him daily.  He was always honest with them about his intentions, but no matter how much he explained he had no desire for a relationship, the offers for sexual encounters continued.     

    His feelings toward Carla were different.  It was true, he was attracted to her sexually, but he also wanted to know what made her tick.  He was drawn to her innocence and shyness as well.  Every man loved the chase and the challenge of a woman he desired.  At the moment, his desire was for Carla.     

    It was obvious she had some attraction to him, she had responded passionately to his kiss.  But her words on the phone conveyed indifference to Dr. Miller.  It was his own fault he had come on to strong.     

    Dr. Miller started the engine of his car and drove home to take a cold shower.  He had been celibate for the last six months.  He had managed to occupy his time with work, but tonight his thoughts of Carla stirred his manhood.  He could still feel the heat of Carla’s mouth on his.     

    The cold shower did nothing for his dreams.  He woke up sweaty, hard and aching for her.  He sat on the side of his bed and tried to figure out how to change Carla’s mind about getting to know him better.       

    The sound of his beeper pulled Dr. Miller from his thoughts.  He quickly dialing the number to Kingdom County Hospital, welcoming the distraction.     

    On the other side of town, Carla’s pager went off.  She was still on call for the weekend.  The charge nurse briefed her on the case she was going to cover.  She gasped when the charge nurse told her the surgeon covering the case was Dr. Miller.     

© Copyright 2010 tomcat (tomcat68 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696604-Nursing-Dr-Miller-Part-2