*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1695977-Teaching-
by Ramsja
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1695977
My experience .......
Teaching ...........

Yes, teaching was never the profession I wanted to take up. But as destiny would have it, I am a teacher since last 30 years now !! Before and after marriage I have continued with a couple of breaks in between. The different schools and different environments have left me nostalgic with a lot to cherish.
Born and brought up in Bombay, I am very much here in this city which today is Mumbai. The journey has been full of fears, apprehensions, excitements and challenges. I have come across a variety of students some of whom have long forgotten me, but some do maintain contacts even today !
I still remember my first day in this school, after my marriage (1978), where students who were in the ninth class, should have been in the twelfth or first year degree college. These boys towering above me wished me and sat down. Here I experienced what they say a wrenching feeling in my stomach. I felt like walking away from the school premises never to come back again. But soothing my nerves a bit I began my English class in class ten, and viola ! all was pin drop silence. Initially I wondered whether what I was teaching was being comprehended or just going over their heads!!!! Suddenly I noticed those big boys turn into mild loving sheep. After each successive day they were more and more attentive and affectionate.Then I decided here was I to stay. Most of them had an equally big heart in their huge physique. They were attentive and ready to do all the home work I gave them.
So this was the first experience that I had of teaching boys, earlier I had taught in a Convent school for girls for 3 years. But I must say, it was the beginning of my career to take challenges as they come, and I am happy to have begun well.
Now I have retired this May 2010, after a successful innings and am content with my life so far.


© Copyright 2010 Ramsja (manjeetkaur at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1695977-Teaching-