*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1797167-My-Trip---Canada---2011
by Ramsja
Rated: E · Article · Family · #1797167
My apprehensions, then assurances about leaving my son in Canada to be on his own.
Canada, heard that it is a very safe and beautiful place to be in; and what if both your kids have planned to settle here ?? Yes, my daughter already making her cosy nest here with her husband and 21/2 year old son. My son, after completing his 2 year course also decides to be here for the time being. And I come visiting them from India !! Wow !!

It doesn't seem a distant dream when my son was toying with the idea of going abroad for further studies and lo !! here he is with a job that he is happy with and I come along with my husband for his graduation. We were proud parents when his name was called out and he went up the stage to receive his Degree, with misty eyes I watched him smile and bow for the scarf to be put round his neck. In that red coat he did look handsome, am I being too motherly?? No no, it goes without saying, that that was the moment for us !!

Now, after being here for nearly 2 months, I feel that I should go back to India and be with my husband. I have seen a lot of change in my son. He is very very independent, he knows to take decisions, and he is a very good companion to travel with in almost every unknown areas !! He is new yet to downtown Toronto, but he manages very well and at once knows which direction to move to. I have had the pleasure to go with him to Tim Hortons, Starbucks etc etc... and enjoy some of the delicacies, and not to forget that I take vegetarian !! He manages to get something for me, love him for that.

Life teaches us a lot of lessons, and I at 59, also am still learning. What I have realised is that I have to be strong and let go!! It is upto him to take and make decisions, and that is what we term as good bringing up, we have nurtured him, tried our best to instill good values in him and now it is time to let him be on his own. For Indian parents especially, it sometimes becomes a bit difficult to do this, they are apprehensive about their offspring, but I think I have understood that we must let him be on his own, and that is what we will do!!

So, I am going back with a light heart, no worries, no apprehensions, but a strong mother !!
We wish him all the best in life, My the Almighty always shower His blessings on him. Love him.



© Copyright 2011 Ramsja (manjeetkaur at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1797167-My-Trip---Canada---2011