*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696371-Mystic-Companion
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1696371
An experience that is just so nostalgic
Poetic in nature, looks, that can take anyone’s breath away, calmness is his everlasting virtue, brightness that cools the soul, unique in his own way.

I had never experienced this before, though I knew him for all my life. Close, but yet so distant, transparent but yet so mysterious, mystic personality and beauty that locked my vision, mind, heart and soul.

He was there all the while and will always be there, till my last breath. I would wither away but he will always exist.

The experience was out of the world and romantic. It was like no one exists between us. It was just me and him. Just 2 of us and nothing else mattered.

I was heading back home on road. He was traveling too to his destination. May be he was there all the while, which I failed to notice. It was almost evening; the dusk had made way for the stars to shine bright. The cool breeze was soothing my face. The sound of the light breeze was music to my ears.

I was almost lost in thought and moreover worn out as the journey back home was getting more and more long and distant. I kept gazing out in the open.

It was then that I noticed, unlike me, there was someone else who was all the way with me .Keeping the same pace.

Finally, the moment came and we looked at each other. That moment was magical. The starry sky, the cool breeze, the darkness and US!! I was bewitched by his presence and appearance. I couldn’t take my eyes off him. It looked as if at that moment he existed only for me. It felt as if, his presence was only for me to feel. He was there only for my eyes.

Our eyes were locked. We were lost in each other. We did not want to loose each other. I hoped the time never ticked away. I wanted things to come to a standstill.

I was so lost in him, that I forgot everything around me. The breeze still kept soothing my soul and I kept traveling with him in time and space. I hoped the journey never ended. I almost wanted the evening and the night that followed continued forever.

I just didn’t want to depart from him, but there were times, when he played hide and seek with me. Kept drifting away from my sight on and off. But the next moment, as if from nowhere, he would reappear; as if he had read my thoughts and my feelings.

In that moment when I looked at him, he would just chuckle away. I would look away from him as if I never wanted to look at him anymore.

As if, sensing my thoughts he would be there for me and look at me in a manner, no one ever look at me before.

He was My Companion, My Travel Partner, My Crush, My beloved for the entire journey. Something kept drawing me towards him and never wanted him to let go..

Strange as it may seem, even as we just kept looking at one another, I lost him, lost him in the open, in midst of the Deep blue sky, amidst the stars and clouds, the entire universe.

I kept looking for him, all the way, but he was gone. Never to appear like the way he did.

Everything stopped at that. The magic, the time, that enchanting moment as well as the journey. May be, he had to leave to put a smile on some other face, to brighten someone else’s thoughts and mind.

The universe had taken my Companion from me. The only beauty that anyone could envy of. The MOON..
© Copyright 2010 Lavanya (lavanyamrao at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696371-Mystic-Companion