*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696375-GETSETGO
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Other · #1696375
Sunfeast..10 K Run-Bangalore
I kept saying NO. Until I had this experience...It was at this point I realized, I would have missed so much, had I not been there.

It was just after the Laila affect on the city that had just passed by... The Bangalore City was up and ready for its most awaited event. Event for a cause...A cause of all kind and for all sections of the society. With no age bar...All it needed was the heart and the spirit for this occasion.

A bright Sunday morning of 23-May-10 the city was in its full spirits. It was the first time I was witnessing the Sunfeast Bangalore Run. On Trust me. It was amazing.
The experience was wonderful. The mere fact of being a part of this event and representing it is an experience in itself.

Most of us refrain to participate in such events for many reasons. We feel, how will it help, or make a difference if Iam there or not. It dosent Matter. To be frank, it does. It matters to all of them who are fighting for a cause. To see someone else supporting them and being there for them and boosting their Morale. It gives all of them participating in the RUN a motivation to continue their work to lay another milestone in what they do. I feel this is what matters more than anything else.

In a way, for common men who actually wants to do so much for the society but lacks time due to his/her own reasons, this is a platform to come together and be there and do their bit.

The entire crowd was actually there at the Kanteerava stadium, and the stadium was filled with cheers, full of colorful banners, representing their respective groups with full Josh!!!

On a personal front, I felt, this is one such event to know how many people are striving against all odds in bring the various sections of the society together. I was amazed to see so many social organizations come together as one family and yet diversified in the kind of work they do.

There were some running for the underprivileged children, some for supporting the educations, some running to build up life skills, mid-day meals. There were also people supporting the environment factor. There were people supporting Alzheimer affected people fighting their own battle and bringing awareness about the same.

There was a section of group who were running for people affected with mental illness. There were people supporting for employment for disabled (I don’t know how many of so called “normal” are able).

I also noticed some youngsters who were in darkness but spread light by being a part of this RUN. There were also some of them who were less fortunate than the others and were confined to their wheelchairs but their undying spirit and courage to fight against all odds made the difference.

Not only social organizations but it was a mix of individuals, corporates that had come together.

I was glad and more than overwhelmed to witness such an event...I would also encourage others to be a part of such event in the future. Even if you don’t RUN at least be there to represent it. You will surely see the difference...This will bring a lot of change in your thought process as well.

So...Cheer for a Cause...A Cause that will bring Smiles on thousands of faces and brighten their LIVES.

I hope there will be many more in the coming years who will Say GET...SET...GO...RUNNING FOR A CAUSE...

© Copyright 2010 Lavanya (lavanyamrao at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696375-GETSETGO