*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1698935-Hallucination
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1698935
im hallucinating that Daniel still care about me when he obviously had given up!
Daniel and Hyuna broke up barely a month after they had been together! what was my feeling? I didn't know, but i thought I was feeling a sigh of relieved but at the same time sadness engulfed me to see how heart-broken and defeated Daniel felt. Just putting that aside, I prayed hard that Daniel was still mine and we would be back to normal soon, How naive was I??

Hyuna went back to Korea. Despite the break up, I knew that Daniel still had feelings for her. Not that I care, what I care most is Daniel will still be mine. Selfish!!! When people are struck by Cupid's arrows, they became selfish for the sake of love and do whatever it takes to have their loves. That didn't exclude me and I was blinded with love hence, I became selfsh and jealous.

I didn't know when the problems started! Daniel and me weren't our normal selves. Or to put it specifically, he wasn't himself. He became distant and easily-angered. I still love him but I didn't know what to do. I have my own problems to deal with too, I have to face my constant tortures of not able to confess my love for him.

one year passed.....

I had no ideas what was going on between us. We just didn't talk. Daniel was normal with everyone else, but not me! What had I done wrong again? I didn't know. Friends advised me to give up on Daniel and try hating him. May be if I tried hating him, it'd help to make me forget him somehow. So there I went. I found fault in everything that he did so as to make myself hate him. Friends thought that it succceeded but little did they know that I was just living in pretence. Despite all the efforts, I couldn't hate Daniel. But he seemed to resent me as days passed. I lost counts of numbers of times when I spent sleepless nights pondering over what wrong did I do to him that made things this way between us? But I couldn't find the answer. I still love him as ever. What hurt me was the fact that he was so sweet towards everyone but why did he behave so mean and heartless towards me. I felt suffocated. I couldn't do anything. Dozens of times, I wanted to ask him out for a talk but I just didn't pluck up the courage. Every school day is a torture to me. Can you imagine how tortorous it was for me to see the person i love laughing happily with everyone but ignored and avoided being close with me? I just couldn't help it but fall in love in him more than ever. How I wish I would be able to hold his hands, play with his cheeks and mess up his curly hair. I desperately need some intimacy with him. But he just seemed to be constantly avoiding me like I am some type of fatal plague.

Daniel dated Violet. Such a thunderous news to me. Why? Why must it be Violet? Why? I couldn't understand. Even if you threatened to hang me, I still refused to believe that was the truth. I didn't know what triggered the feelings between them, as they were only mutual friends. My mind was filled with images of them being together and I couldn't help it but to be green with jealous. I had no control over myself anymore. All I think about was Daniel. I was obsessed with him. I needed him. I desperately needed him. Daniel....

I was in a beautiful meadow. I took small steps as I explored the beauty of this evergreen field. DANIEL! I saw Daniel. He was waving at me! I rushed to him and without words, our lips met. It was like he knew all along that all I wanted was him. I love him.We strolled across the field in the sunset evening as the cold and gentle breeze blew across my face. It was heaven. The feeling was heaven. I was referring to the kiss with Daniel, and not the scenery. All I cared about was Daniel!

Suddenly, Daniel began to fade away. He was vacummed into the pit-black hole. I was terrified. ' NO! You are not going to leave me right, Daniel? Please, please just stay by my side!'

The buzzing sound of my alarm clock jolted me out of the dream and brought me back to reality. It was just a dream, or to be more specific, a hallucination that was created out of my utmost need to be with Daniel. Hot tears streamed down my face.Why couldn't I just stay in that hallucination? I wished I had never woken up. Hallunication was kind, while reality is so cruel.
© Copyright 2010 mylovestory (vynguyen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1698935-Hallucination