*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1699535-Reality--work-in-progress
Rated: 18+ · Draft · Experience · #1699535
The existence of fantasy v. reality in relationships.
His eyes were dark and mesmerizing as he stared at her from across the smoky bar. She didn't know his name but she knew the feeling burning deep in her chest. She realized at that moment that she wanted every inch of his body next to hers.
As she partied with her friends, she would,every once in a while, notice him staring at her. She finally took a chance and asked him to dance with her. As their hands met she felt chills run down her spine. His body was strong yet had a softness that, to her, felt like a firm yet gentle down pillow under her head. They danced the rest of the evening lost in each others arms. As the night drew to a close, they couldn't bear to part from one another. The depth of the attraction she felt for him was nothing like she had ever known. She had to leave with her friends. She was, after all, a wife and mother. She walked away from him feeling sorrow and emptiness. Knowing their paths would never cross again and that she would be returning to her reality and him to his.
© Copyright 2010 Athena Grace (ahoyle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1699535-Reality--work-in-progress