*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1699879-A-New-War-Chapter-Three
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1699879
Jake and his troop must take out a small camp without the use of guns.
    I was in a total trance while Lieutenant Johnson was going over the plan to take out the men in the tent. I couldn't think about a thing, there was just too much things that could go wrong right now. I have been in battles before but, all I had is a knife while we are going against machine guns and maybe more.
  "Alright, let's go." Lieutenant Johnson commanded.
  Johnson was heading left to flank them if anything went wrong. Menson and Felon went down the ditch and hid behind a fallen tree. I didn't know what I was commanded to do. I went right and my foot caught on a root in the ground. I  fell down the ditch.
  "What the hell was that?" One of the Russians said outside the tent.
  I knew something would go wrong, I crawled over to a tree. The tree was barely holding up from it roots. Menson and Felon were watching the two soldiers walking over to me. I could see them motioning for me to move. I couldn't move, I would be shot on the spot if I even showed a body part. I had to think of how to get out of this. I moved my head slowly towards the light coming from the other side of the tree. I let one of my eyes catch a peek at the two rushing soldiers.
  "Intruder!" yelled one of the Russians.
  Menson and Felon went rushing into the tent. Bullets start flying towards the tree which was almost piercing all the way through. If shots are already firing why would we have to only have our knives. I had to think fast over I would be dead before the mission even started. Johnson was nowhere to be found. I stood up and was about to run when a bull pierced my arm which was only showing by a inch beyond the tree.
  Menson and Felon were still in the tent which I saw no signs of bullets being fired in.The soldiers must be just behind the tree or very near. I only had one chance, I sprinted up the ditch which lead me into a wall of trees. Bullets were flying past me with incredible speed. I dove behind a bush that was barely big enough to hide me. I saw one of the soldier's head looking over the bush. I had to fight or I would be dead. I was about to get up when Johnson came up behind the solider and pierced his chest with his bowie knife. Blood rushed down his chest while Johnson ripped his knife out.
  The other solider which was already about to fire at Johnson when I stabbed his leg with my jack knife. He fired at Johnson with horrible aim due to pain. Johnson grabbed his knife with both hands and stabbed it the middle of his chest. The man fell to his knees and he let a small dribble of blood come out of his mouth before he fell to the ground in utter defeat. I wiped off my knife that was stained with blood on my sleeve. Johnson ripped out his knife out of the man's chest. Menson and Felon had  cleared out the tent and were already cleaning up the bodies.
  "What does come with me mean, Private?" Lieutenant Johnson asked me.
  "What?" I asked already knowing that I have screwed up.
  "You were told to follow me and help me clear the perimeter while Menson and Felon took care of the two soldiers and the tent." Lieutenant Johnson told me.
  I couldn't think of a word to say. Menson and Felon were already done with throwing the bodies into the unforgiving darkness of this jungle. Menson and Felon ripped down the tent and chucked it into the jungle. Johnson turned around and started to help with cleaning up the campsite they had set. He put his bowie knife in his holder on his belt.
  "Go get our guns." Lieutenant Johnson yelled.
  I flipped my jack knife shut and put it into my pocket. I was a little numb from being shot. It was had only pierced my arm so I could probably just wrap it in some cloth. It still stung, but better then going through my chest. I walked over to the spot where we had left our guns. My troop had almost finished cleaning up the campsite and would be able to set up our camp. I suspect the only reason we would have to destroy theirs would be that if a patrol found 9this in the future they would suspect intruders. If we slept in it, again a patrol would see a tent more then camouflage sleeping bags on the ground.
  I spotted my squad's guns and picked up two rifles. I carried them over to the ditch and layed them on the ground. Johnson, Menson, and Felon were discussing something in the middle of the ditch. I walked back to the rest of our guns. There were only two rifles and three pistols. I kept mine, I completely forgot about mine. I picked up the rest of the rifles with my left hand and grabbed a pistol in my right. Again I layed them on a ground. Johnson started to walk up to me while I was walking towards the rest of the pistols. He caught up to me and was ready to speak.
  "We had made a huge commotion due to the fact that you fell." Johnson explained. "We will have to set a trap for the rest of the patrols around this area."
  I was frozen, all because of me we would have to engage more soldiers. I turned around and picked up the rest of the pistols. I followed Johnson back to the ditch where Menson and Felon were there ready to mock me. I layed the rest of the guns on the ground and was ready to listen to Johnson.
  "What the fuck has gone wrong in you head dipshit." Sergeant Menson yelled at me.
  "Shut up, we need to figure out how this trap will work." Lieutenant Johnson demanded. "We could shoot of some rounds into the sky and hide in the trees until they come."
  I could finally think straight, I was going to succeed at this trap without any faults this time.
  "There should be only about five to six men patrolling around here." Lieutenant Johnson continued. "Once they get in the ditch it should be easy enough." "Just fire away."
  Without warning Menson picked up his gun and started firing into the sky. I jumped and pick up my rifle and pistol. I  walked to a tree which was only about fifteen feet tall.
I started to climb the tree, it was harder than I expected. The branches wouldn't hold a weight and comparing that to me I couldn't climb up this tree. I walked over to another tree which seemed to be able to carry me with easy. The other troops in my squad were already up in a tree and aiming at the ditch.
  I tried to climb again and was able to make it to where I wouldn't be visible. I aimed my rifle at the ditch. I was ready for almost anything now. Johnson fired another round into the sky which made me jump again. I waited there, and waited there. Sweat was poring down my face, the heat was almost unbearable. Johnson fired off a round every three to four minutes. I heard bushes rustling in the back of me. I saw a Russian man step into the moonlight, the trees around the ditch were all dead or near death. They all followed this man into the ditch looking for trails of blood, bodies, or anything else. There were nine men ready for action. All they had were looks of intimidation and machine guns.
  I let off the first shot into a leg of one of the men. All the soldiers started firing at my position. Luckily I was unable to be seen. The man that had been shot fell to the ground in agony. The rest of my squad opened fire on the men while the men were firing at the emptiness of the jungle. Some bullets did fly past me or hit a few branches on the tree I was on. Men were dropping in the ditch, one by one. Blood was being split in the ditch. Men laying the ground were still firing at us.
  I only fired ten rounds into the group of men before they were all deceased. I waited till one of my squad left their post before I would even step on the ground. Johnson jumped off the tree and landed on his feet.
  "That should be it, they will not notice that these soldiers on gone until morning." Lieutenant Johnson explained. " Menson, you will get the fire wood." "Felon and I will clean up this mess and set up camp." "As we promised you Private you will be fetching us food." "Do it quickly or we will not get enough sleep for the hike tomorrow."
  I jumped down from the tree and landed on my feet which made me stumble onto the ground.
  "Nice one, scumbag." Sergeant Meson teased while walking down into the ditch.
  I got back up and followed Felon into the ditch. I hardly could see in this jungle, how would I be able to hunt. One thing was strange to me, the jungle was getting brighter by each growing minute not by the sun but, by the moon. Hopefully by the time I meet an animal I would be able to see it.
  "Alright, men you have been assigned your missions." Lieutenant Johnson said. "Now do them." He finished.
  I grabbed some ammo laying on the ground from one of the only dead soldiers that had a rifle. The ammo was in his pouch on his side. While I fired ten rounds, I already figured out that I fired the most out of my squad. I walked from the massacre, up the ditch, and through the walls of trees. Beyond the walls of trees lied something that was very unexpected.
To be Continued...
© Copyright 2010 Subjectdc (subjectdc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1699879-A-New-War-Chapter-Three