*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1701284-arabian-destiny
Rated: E · Novella · Action/Adventure · #1701284
two twin horses seperated in birth quest to find eachother after being bought and a bet
~Arabian Destiny~

The mesmerizing tale of miracle twin wild Arabian horses lost in the world

And separated from birth….





Fawn~



                                      I trundle along the endless path, a cart attached to my back and a stone in my destroyed hoof.

The sun blazes on my sweating flanks, I can’t take it any more, my long slender legs collapse to the ground.

A whip smacks into my head, the no-hoof is angry, I can sense it.

With a snort of pain I begin to rise; the cuts on my legs are perishing like a wood on fire in the desert temperatures.

Arabian deserts are the heart of danger.



At times like this I try to picture my mother, her glowing features, her perpetually smooth bay coat, her tender loving words…



I’m sure there was another horse there in my years of being a colt; I think that was my father. Yes it was definitely. I mean I’m 110% sure I’m an only child! I have to be…





                     







Squirrel~



The deep Arabian horizon stretches out before me.

My Jockey patiently rests on my back.

The crack of the starting gun echo’s out into the clearing.

Were off!

Rider and horse connect immediately; we both understand that this race marks my fate.

If we win Jahira (my rider) gets to keep me, if we lose the cunning Hayder will posses our land and most importantly me.

He is pure evil!

For once in my life I wish I had an older sibling.

I mean being an only child sucks.

The only other I remember from my filly hood is Mama.



The finishing line draws closer.

Jahira’s heels dig into my beating flanks.

It all happens in a micro second.

An older Arabian horse rushes past us – one of Hayder’s minions- and crosses the line.

Its all over we lost.



Me and Jahira said our final tearful goodbyes.



I don’t want this to be the ending- I want it to be the beginning!





                 



Fawn ~



I’m at the beginning of a better life (hopefully)…

I just found out the news this morning , I’m being sold!



I’m going to be the steed of a  wealthy lady called Nafisa she happens to live near the cruel jungles that I was born in.



Tomorrow I am to be shipped to Qasim.



I’m not worried about Nafisa, I’m worried about the journey.

I will have to board a galleon and endure the 6 hour journey, its terrifying!



Squirrel~



I don’t know what to do, I’m being taken to Hayder’s home town, some place called Qasim…

I’m being stripped of my race horse duties and apparently I am to be a pack mule!

Its appalling I am a shiny Arabian HORSE, not a MULE with an achy back and scabby knees!

I detest Horses who have to cart carts every where !

Why don’t they just stand up to the cruel drivers.

I am scared of being one though,

Its terrifying!



Fawn~



The boat bobs before me and I prepare for the horror that awaits.

During my cart job other horses told tales of sailors that made bad horses walk the plank and crew that didn’t feed the poor souls at all!



My knees are knocking  as I walk up the gang plank.

I am greeted by a formal looking female servant.

She is pretty with curly fair hair tied in a topknot with an ankle length faded blue dress and rosy cheeks.

She whispers to me in strange no-hoof language, I understand one thing. Her name. Alyiah.



           





Squirrel~



The fat lummox Hayder is resting on my back at the moment.

I am used to the lightness of Jahira.

This is just awful!

We are galloping through the sandy deserts right now.

Accompanying us is Amya, my new masters slave.

She has fair curly hair tied into a topknot with a faded green ankle gown with rosy cheeks, she silently talks to me her voice smooth and husky.

I don’t understand what she is babbling on about but I still love the fact that she is talking to me.



             











Fawn~



We are an hour away from land; in the distance we can see green fluffy hills and golden sandy beaches.



A river twines through the jungle that protrudes from the cove.

Its beautiful!

Alyiah is saddling me up and inserting supplies into the bags.

I’m exhausted from the journey but worried of the peril to come next.



I no I will have to leave Alyiah but I just cant bear  it, she is like a sister to me, gentle and kind.

The fog horn begins to honk….

Its time to dock land…



     

























Squirrel~



Over the mountain like dunes of sand I see a small town.

The people in the village look like miniscule ants, from this height every thing does.



Suddenly Hayder dismounts.



‘jfhejlg lame dhyfggi’ifh’



He thinks I’m a Lame horse!

For his information I am perfectly healthy I’m just severely tired from having him on my back !



‘ hf;f;utg; she fine iuytu;hy’ retorts Alyiah.



She is so right !









Fawn ~



At this peaceful moment I’m being led through a glorious country side by a burly sailor (he is a lot different to Alyiah)

he ignores me and just keeps looking at a faded mansion before us , that must e my new home, my new life, my new destiny



to be continued :)
© Copyright 2010 musicismylyfe (musicismylyfe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1701284-arabian-destiny