*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1701539-Cath-an-ghrBattle-of-Love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Drama · #1701539
War is all she knew, until love found its way in the most suprising person...

         Bloodshed, it is as much part of me as the hair on my head. Everyday I am surrounded by war, a war which has claimed almost all of my kin, friends and people. For centuries we Irish have battled against these enemies from a distant land, people say they have no hearts and their eyes are all black as death and I believe them.

         Today, my 15th birthday, and a year after my brother ran off to fight in the war, he has returned. To me this is a blessing but, everyone in the town says he is a changed man. That he will not fight against the “cinn Fuar’ as we call them, the cold ones.

         “Brother, what were they like?” Slowly he looked up from his book and smiled. I slid closer on the couch and held his hand in mine. “Are they really as evil as the fir aosta, old men, say?”

         “No, they are not,” His voice seemed sad, almost longing. “ They are most Beautiful in everything they do, there is a gracefulness in every step they take.”

         “Do not joke with me Sean.”

         “I am not joking with you sister.” His anger was rising. “I do not see why we fight against them! We are the reason Brianna, we are the reason we fight… They could teach us so many things! We could become even greater then we already are…”

         “You fell in love with one of…them didn’t you?” His voice was muffled by his mouth on my hair. “Tell me!!” I shot up from the couch and stood in front of him “I do not wish to speak with you until your mind is clear again.” Before I stepped out of his house I spun back around to face him. “Goodnight.”

         “You’ll know why this happened one day beag amháin.”

         “I doubt that. If you need me, I now live with his lord and lady, they have taken me in since mother and fathers death.”

         “I leave again in three days sister, I wish for you to journey with me.” I spun back around and stared at him. There was an ache in his dark blue eyes and the lines in his ever so young face increased his age dramatically. His once long blonde hair was now short and ragged, causing an ache in my heart.

         “You look so much like father now…he would be proud of you.” Biting my lip, I kept my emotions under control and stepped closer to the door.

         “Will you come?” Every fiber in my body screamed yes, but my mind was focused on my life…here.

         “Yes.” Another step towards the door.

         “Tell his highness I shall be over later for a private audience with himself and our lady.” I nodded my head and finally clutched the handle, pushing forward and stepping out into the dark night. With the door safely shut behind me I climbed onto my horse and rode of towards the castle, my home.
© Copyright 2010 Gaelic Princess (irishgirlbri at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1701539-Cath-an-ghrBattle-of-Love