*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1702599-Daily-Flash-Fiction-Challenge-8-26
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Other · Other · #1702599
Write a 300-word or less story including the words bump, magnet, and shell.
Bump, magnet, shell

"Ooh, Writh, that's really pretty…" Larae commented, bending over the shell in the other boy's hands. "It's like a swirly rainbow combined with something really, really, shiny…."

The group was at the beach for a school trip, and during free time

"You idiot…" Writh muttered. "It's just a shell. It's not even all that 'pretty'. Honestly."

"But look at all the bumps, they look like they were designed to be there. And that one, there. Doesn't it look like… I dunno… a flower?"

"No. I don't see how a bump in a shell could look like a flower. It just looks like a bump," he replied, bored.

"Fine, we'll get a third opinion. Yo, Casr, what do you think? Does this bump look like a flower to you?"

The wanna-be reporter glanced over and seemed to be attracted to them like a magnet, zooming over at something akin to the speed of light. "Hey, what are you guys talking about?"

Larae rolled his eyes at his friend, annoyed. "Does that bump, there, look like a flower?"

"Dude, how would I know? Ask one of the girls, or something. Anyway." Casr looked around, and spotted Aurora. "I'll see you later."

The boy dashed off across the beach in chase of his crush. Writh sighed and glanced back up at Larae, who was spacing out again. "Are you going to get a girl's opinion, moron?"

"Wha–? Right!" And the moron ran off, probably in search of Ashèr, his girlfriend. She will be biased, too, he thought disdainfully.



"Here, Ashèr, do you think this bump, here, looks like a flower?" Larae asked, still panting from the run.

"Hmm… I dunno…" she replied cautiously. "Sort of? I mean, it looks more like something else."

"Huh? Tell me! Tell me!"
© Copyright 2010 AshesOfTears (trueheart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1702599-Daily-Flash-Fiction-Challenge-8-26