*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1702467-Flash-Fiction-Challenge-8-25-10
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Other · Other · #1702467
"Just– next time… don't believe everything you hear, okay?"
"Hey, is it true you're dating that guy…. What was his name?" Drea blinked, startled out of her thoughts. The classroom was empty, for the most part, and the late afternoon sunlight filtering through the windows shone right into her eyes. She looked up. One of the girls in her class – Feye, she thought – was staring at her curiously, obviously wanting an answer to her question.

"What guy?" she asked, suppressing a yawn.

"You know…. That guy with the spiky purple hair," Feye continued, still staring. It was starting to make Drea uncomfortable.

"Oh, do you mean Erai?" the bluenette questioned sleepily.

"Yeah, that's him!" the other girl exclaimed excitedly, seemingly glad to figure out the "guy"'s name.

"No, we're just friends…. Why do you ask?"

Feye shifted uncomfortably. "Well, I mean, Casr was talking about seeing you two kissing, and I just thought I'd ask, 'cause, I mean, it would be kind of awkward if I just assumed and you really weren't, but if you were I'd want to give my congratulations, and–"

"Feye," Drea said, cutting off her babble, "it's fine. Just, next time… don't believe everything you hear, okay?"

"…Okay…" the blonde said in a quiet voice.

"Good. Now that's solved, I'm going to deal with Casr," Drea said firmly, standing up and beginning to pack her stuff away.

Feye grinned. "Oh, goodie. Can I come? I want to watch you own his ass."

The bluenette smiled. "Sure."



Word count: 242
© Copyright 2010 AshesOfTears (trueheart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1702467-Flash-Fiction-Challenge-8-25-10