*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1704710-not-another-pothole
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #1704710
A Postman is told to deliver an important cake but encounters troubles along the way.
There was a man he looked kind of scary and very big. I didn't really know where to look. I couldn't look away but I knew I shouldn't look at him. Well at least not stare. He started to walk towards me. His big broad houlders miving from side to side as he walked. I imagine that he would have a million girls following him around unlike me a poor, overweight postman.

"Excuse me sir are you the postman."

"Um yes that is me why do you want to know."

I was hoping I didn't sound too rude he was very big. The man shifted from one foot to the other.

"I am Mr. Neads from the CIA i am an agent not a secret one but hidden and you sir need to deliver something for me."

I really didn't know what to do i just simply nodded. The man disappeared behind my van and brought out a huge package. He gestured towards the van and I nodded.

"so what exactly is it?"

I said thinking he would say that it was classified and that he couldn't tell me.

"Ah it's a cake for my sons birhtday I can't deliver it."

I must say I was totally surprised by his answer so I got to delivering straight away. A si was pulling out he whispered his adress "44 head street." I knew where it was only about half an hour from where I was, which was lucky the man only gave me forty minutes to deliver it in. I know the kid probably wouldn't notice but if this was actually a bomb then it would explode me any minute after. I began goign down the regular road when of course there was a sign saying road works. Exactly what I needed. I am lucky enough to only be stuck for a minute but that is ne minute of valuable time, very valuable time. I drive through the roadworks and let out a sigh of relief

"I am through." I say to myself quietly.

The van begins to stall when I reach the traffic light but it stll goes the radio gets bumped on as i pass the 15th pothole for the day. Seriously this is going to ruin my car I am beginning to think when.

"We interrupt this program with some disturbing news an elephant has escaped from the local zoo and is terrifying people on highway 40."

Oh that is great because you know I have to use that road is all I could think. I turn onto the Highway and prepare for the worst. Well at least what I thought could be the worst but of course it couldn't because the world hates me. The elephant believe it or not decides to come right up to my vn and begin to bash it with it's stupid trunk. I swear I was about to kill the thing but it was caught at that time by the zoo keepers, peanuts are tasty appareantly. I had been on the road for about 25 minutes now and was still about ten minutes from my destination.

"I'm late, I am going to die." I screamed to no one. Just then of course another pothole run came up and this time it was enough to destroy my car. I was freaking out now and extremely fustrated nothing more could go wrong because it had all happen to me. I was quickly changing the tyre in fact I think I would be empoyed as a pit crew I was that quick. I jum p into the car ready to go but the car doesn't start.

"Alright that's it what more could possibly go wrong." it is at this stage a man on a carraige comes by.

"Need a lift mate."

I gladly agreed and grabbe the cake opening it to make sure that it wasn't a bomb nothing happened but it was really heavy. The man stacks the cake on the carriage and takes me to the adress I thank him plentyfully and he offers to wait. I am walking the cake to the young boy. His smile is so big I smile back at him than BANG. I tripped over a skateboard and go splat into the cake the boy walks over to me.

"I can't believe you fell for that, I love my dad."

I walk away with cake all over my face slightly relieved and very, very annoyed.







































































© Copyright 2010 mysterious_mystery (shadow_mystery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1704710-not-another-pothole