*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718439-wandering
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1718439
reedy is the son of a vampre who just tries to fit in.
word count 411 The man lay on the floor, his eyes stare up into the ceiling. Reedy picked up the body and carried it outside. Although he was only twelve years old he had been doing this all his life, so it didn't faze him. The man was lighter than most had been; it almost felt as though somebody was helping him. Reedy turned around to see his father standing over him, face covered in blood.

"Thanks son, you know what to do."

Reedy did know what to do; he had been protecting his father for years, taking bodies and burning them to stop his father from being locked up. The body's smell filled the yard and for a while Reedy was glad they were so far out of town. Reedy walked inside and took a drink out of the fridge. His dad was wiping the blood of his face as he brushed the long fangs that ran down his lips.

"Hey dad, there’s a parents day at school tomorrow and I was kind of hoping you could come?"

His father shook his head. Reedy walked away he knew he shouldn't have even tried.

Ever since Reedy was small his dad would always hide away.



The next day at school Reedy went about his normal routine wandering through life hoping not to be noticed. But having no parent s on parent’s day made you stand out.

"Hey Reedy guess what your dad I know what he is."

Reedy tried to keep a look of shock off his face, having a vampire for a dad was hard enough without having bullies.

"Oi dofus did ya hear me, ya dad he's a bikie isn't he?"

Reedy nodded and walked away tying not to give away what was true.

"Sorry buddy here I am."

I was his dad; Reedy looked worried he could see people noticing the permanent blood stains and long fangs. Girls looked up from their twilight books into his father’s deep red eyes.

"It's an evil vampire!!"

People turned from everywhere to see his dad. Reedy turned and ran he knew he couldn't save anyone, not even his dad.

Leaping forward Reedy's dad grabbed the girl around the throat; he allowed his fangs to sink into her neck. Bang. A shot caused Reedy to turn around just in time to watch his dad be killed. Reedy just kept running his fangs biting his lips the blood of the bully still lingered in his mouth.

© Copyright 2010 mysterious_mystery (shadow_mystery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1718439-wandering