*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1705078-Our-Failures-are-hereditary
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Wes
Rated: 13+ · Other · Experience · #1705078
Trying to teach the youth and not drown them.
I sat there on the couch and watched as society took its strong arm of justice and forced it down on the head of the misfortuned girl. Yes misfortuned girl, she has no idea what is happenning right now. She has no clue what a 27 year sentence means. The child hasn't even been alive for that long of time. Lets lay some facts straight before you read what will be considered a very controversial opinion. I do not feel that what Ms. Wade had done is in anyway condoned or passed as approved behavior. I do not feel as if she should not receive punishment for her actions. She committed a crime and now she has to pay a price. The price however is the problem, the words of the invited guests of the hearing, and the straight ignorance of any real problem in the case except justice for the victims family. I sympathize greatly with the family as I would with anyone who has just lost a loved one to death. However to throw a stronger hit on the accused to make the victims family feel better is unjust and is not teaching other kids a lesson on violence.

Take a look at the situation. The two girls were caught up in a love triangle. There is no such thing as a love triangle at that age. I am terribly sorry but this falls to the society and the adults involved in those kids lives. Since when do we condone a love relationship at eighteen and younger? Since when do we allow our kids to live without question or without someone to answer to. If the victim was so close with her worship friends why did they not know about this triangle and why were they not actively trying to gain results from the situation. They are so quick to stand up in court and say how perfect the victim was but was far to angry and bitter to offer any condolences for the life they were so vengefully ruin. VENGANCE is the synynom for justice.
© Copyright 2010 Wes (philpot21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1705078-Our-Failures-are-hereditary