*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1706464-I-Used-to-Think
Rated: · Other · Cultural · #1706464
Prompt: Write for ten minutes using the starter "I used to think..."
Write for ten minutes using “I used to think…” as your starter.
         I used to think life would be easy. I used to think my problems would work themselves out and I would slip under bad fortune’s radar. I used to think people were good, but now I’m not so sure. I’ve started to see the ugliness in humanity. I used to think that underneath all my quirks and defects I was a good person at heart, but now I’m starting to question that. I used to think I was going to have a life that didn’t deviate from the norm. My ideal life was the same as everyone else’s. Good job, good husband, a couple kids and a nice neat picket fence to match my nice neat life. But as I’ve gotten older I’ve realized that I want so much more out of life. I want to see great places and meet great people and do great things. I want a life filled with adventure and excitement. The thought of settling down and giving up all my dreams causes a panic in me that I can’t shake. What if I’m so bogged down by what other people expect me to be that I just give up on the person I want to be? Turn in my castle in the air for a house in the suburbs. I just hope I can find the strength to evolve from the girl I am into the woman I want to be.
© Copyright 2010 Riley Mae Fleming (sunshine4673 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1706464-I-Used-to-Think