*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1706969-Invasion-of-the-Tar-Balls-Episode-III
by NRFR
Rated: · Other · Sci-fi · #1706969
Sci-Fi, mystery,contemporary
Episode III

Meanwhile on a remote dirt country road in Wharton County, a man, about 42 and in the prime of life, was found dead at the wheel of his pick up. His eyes were bulging and there was a dark cast to his body from the clavicles cephalad. Rigor mortis was evident. He had been dead awhile. The High Sheriff and the State Police along with the involved Justice of the Peace found nothing amiss that would explain the road side death. An autopsy was ordered.

Two days later the coronor notified authorities that death was caused by suffocation. He found a sticky tar ball deep in the victims throat. A strange finding indeed. He could not state whether or not it had been maliciously placed there suggesting homicide or whether it had entered his throat on its own!

The authorities and the district attorney found this so disturbing that they released the cause of death simply as suffocation with no explaination of how this had happened.

Several days later in San Antonio, a young woman that lived alone was found dead in her bed. There was an oily residue on her back door, with a trail of it leading up to her bed. Autopsy findings were inconclusive and the pathologist suggested death by fright!

Reports of these two very unusual deaths unnerved authorities in Austin. Shortly, these reports reached Retlaw, who, in view of the unusual tar ball findings, went directly to the President to report these findings and reported to him the of the discovery of the aberrant DNA that was currently undergoing study. It was decided to keep all this information secret since mass panic and hysteria might ensue, especially along the costal areas of the country, if this omnious information were released to the media.

The President immediately arranged for a closed meeting of imminent scientists from around the globe to review the preliminary and alarming laboratory findings and the two mysterious deaths that seemed to be linked to a possibly rogue lethal hydrocarbon substanace that might be alive in unconventional ways. The convened scientists, after several days of analysis and debate, formulated the following theories and recommendations:

To be continued................
© Copyright 2010 NRFR (milburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1706969-Invasion-of-the-Tar-Balls-Episode-III