*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1710552-Those-Who-Wait
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Erotica · #1710552
3rd Place in TWQ Round 9 (September 25, 2010)

PROMPT: Romance

He didn’t realized how worried he was until he heard the door buzz open.  She’d actually come.

Stupid to be nervous but that didn’t stop his hands from shaking.  He needed to get hold of himself. 

She stepped into the room tentatively.  Her hands were also shaking.  He wasn’t sure if that made him feel worse or better. 

“Max?” 

Dumbstruck, he had to look away; that was the story of the last fifteen years in a nutshell.  Although it was a horrible shade of pink, she made that bridesmaid’s dress shine.  And damn did it cling to all the places he’d dreamt of for so long.  Looking at her now, he knew he’d have waited forever for her, if that’s what it took.

An awkward thirteen to her poised twelve, he was a goner from day one.  “You and me are going to be the best of friends,” she’d said that first time they’d met, braces blinking blindly in the sunlight.  They were, too.  At times in high school she was his only friend.  Didn’t stop him from being madly in love with her, not even after he’d finally hit puberty and girls started flinging themselves his way.

“Have you changed your mind?”

She’d changed her mind.  That’s what the question was about.  He couldn’t blame her.  Never mind that her father was five years gone, that today was the day his mother remarried, they’d still grown up together.  Siblings by law if not biology.  Some things were too weird. 

But he had to try.  “Are you kidding?  I’ve been in love with you –”

“For about three seconds longer than I have.  No need to lord it over me.”  Michelle’s mildly gap-toothed grin set his trembling palms to sweating.  She didn’t smile as often as she should, being self-conscious.  “Years of metal in my mouth and for what?” was her usual complaint.  He loved her smile, even if she didn’t. 

He wouldn’t fuck this up.  “Max, come here.”  But with his feet glued to the floor, he didn’t move.  “Oh, you’re feeling shy,” she cooed at him.  “That’s o.k., I’ll come to you.”  Good as her word, she slid the straps of her dress down her shoulders, unpinned her hair, and slinked in his direction.  “I’ll take good care of you.”

She’d been the first to admit that her feelings for him were less than sisterly.  The timing was horrible.  That’s the way his luck always ran.  Her father had been diagnosed shortly thereafter, putting a kibosh on any potential relationship between them.  So maturely, he’d slept his way through campus.  Which was just as hollow as he expected.  Since college, he’d graduated to serial monogamy.  Waiting.  Hoping, more like it. 

She’d been the one to kiss him after the rehearsal dinner, the one who’d suggested they slip away early from the reception. 

If he let her, she’d take care of the seduction too.  But she’d enjoy it more – regret it less – if he did the work.  That shook him out of his stupor.  He wanted this to be memorable.

Taking the two steps necessary to sweep her into his arms, he did just that. 

“Max!  I’m too heavy.  Put me down.”  Ignoring the half-hearted protest, he walked them over to the bed.  “Max.”  This time when she said his name her voice was breathy, and her golden eyes darkened to honey. 

Using nothing but his lips, he poured every once of sublimated hunger into that first kiss.  He took the opportunity to explore the contours of her mouth, bitter and fizzy with the champagne they’d been downing all night.  Before, he’d worried he wouldn’t be able to go slow, that the madness of finally having her would drive him into a frenzied, clumsy attack.  As she arched up to meet him, hands scrabbling in the folds of his tuxedo jacket , he knew he’d be fine. 

Licking his way down her throat, he made short work of the dress.  Though he wasn’t in a hurry, it was in his way.  He tugged at the straps until they broke, and lifted himself off her enough to slide the rest of it off.  “Wow.”  Lacy, black and see-through, he almost didn’t want to take her bra off it looked so good.  And of course the panties matched.

There was so much of her; he didn’t know where to start. Her skin shone with body glitter and her nipples, peaked beneath the bra, begged for attention.  But by nibbling her neck he could hear her sighs better.  Maybe he’d go back to her lips, already bee-stung from his attention.  There was the distraction of her gartered thighs and her delectable ass. 

The moaning decided him.  This first time would be about her.

He kissed his way down her navel, avoiding her breasts, setting a hand on her stomach to gentle her.  She’d hinted she was a screamer but he intended to find out for himself.  He inched her panties aside to lick her firmly.  “Max please,” she whispered, hands digging into his shoulders.  Far be it from him to disappoint.  Spreading her thighs further, he immersed himself in the taste of her.

It wasn’t a scream, when she came, but something close. 



© Copyright 2010 romance_junkie (pepsi2484 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1710552-Those-Who-Wait