*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1710681-Immortal-Decision---Chapter-Two
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1710681
Stefan's greatest desire is to end his suffering. He may have just found the answer.
         The sun had fallen over the hills.  Angelina had just checked in with the house staff and everything was in order.  After a quick bite she made her way to the room Stefan was occupying.  He and what had to be Flora were there talking quietly.  Angelina didn’t want to interrupt but there is no sneaking up on a vampire.

         “Excuse me, Stefan, I have dug up the ancestral documents and they are in the small study for your review,” she said nervously.  “You must be Flora?”

         “I am,” her red hair turned snow white in an instant.  “I know I am different, you’ll get used to it.  I am not here to harm anyone.”  Angelina suddenly felt as ease, like floating in a pool of water.

         “Call the Seekers.  I will need them here immediately.  I want to get this estate wrapped up and go home.  Romania is such a dreary place, don’t you think?”  Stefan smiled at Flora.  It seemed very human to Angelina, who was accustomed to a much darker side of vampires.  Stefan turned to Angelina, “please show me to the study.”

         Angelina led him to the study and the massive books inside.  She had a pint of blood waiting for him.  She wanted to stay as she was drawn to him, but she knew her place and that was elsewhere.  She left him to read.

         The following evening, three vampires arrived.  The were quiet and did not speak much to the servants.  Stefan spoke with them briefly and gave them instructions.  They were to bring back what they find so he can get the estate off of his hands.

         He spent all of his spare time reading journals.  The staff would hear quiet cries coming from the study.  Whatever was in those journals must have been very emotional.  No one dared to look inside them, not even Angelina, who was falling head over heels for the vampire priest.

         Flora came and went as she pleased.  She seemed quite fond of the humans, but Angelina suspected she knew something bad was going to happen as Flora often times looked as if she were in mourning when speaking with a few of the servants.

         Days later, the Seekers returned to the castle, they had files and binders.  They sat down with Stefan, showing him what they discovered.

         “There is no way this is right!  You must be wrong!” he spat.

         “Priest, we’ve done our job well.  This is the truth, believe it or not.”

         “Coincidences this large are not coincidences at all.”  He growled and stomped away.  Suddenly he stopped in his tracks, still like a statue.  “Leave me,” he said.  After they left the room, Stefan closed his eyes, “Flora, I need you.”

         “You summoned, Priest?” she giggled.

         “I’m still intrigued how that works, though I’m just glad it does.”  Stefan ran over the findings with Flora.

         “Why are you surprised?” she asked.

         “Because you’re not always right, my child,” he beamed.  “This could be it!  This could be may way out!” he bellowed.

         “And I’m to be happy about this?” she cried, blue tears streaming down her beautiful ivory face, hair a smoky grey.



© Copyright 2010 kmullican (kmullican at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1710681-Immortal-Decision---Chapter-Two