*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1711685-Synopsis---Immortal-Decision
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1711685
My first round of Synopsis for Immortal Decision...hoping it isn't as painful as the QL!
Synopsis – Immortal Decision




         In 1808, Stefan was a priest.  That was before a sinister vampire changed him, robbing him of his mortality and religion.  Stefan has struggled for over two centuries with what he has become. 



         The Order will not tolerate vampires that will not adhere to their laws.  They have made Stefan their Executioner, furthering his agony.  His latest victim has left a sizeable estate to contend with and Stefan must find a suitable heir. 



         Stefan wants an end to his misery.  The priest within him won’t allow suicide and the vampire in him won’t allow him to lose a battle.  He discovers what he thinks may be the answer to his prayers when he finds William.



         William is an American man who has been down on his luck.  He is in debt and at risk of losing his pitiful excuse of a home.  His mother’s stay in a mental institution has left him financially tapped.  He was at his wits end when he meets an old man that takes him in, soon dying, leaving him his home.  Among Williams small inheritance is a crucifix, one which conceals a dagger within it. 



         Stefan lures William to Romania and offers him all of the wealth the Romanian estate has to offer, but with conditions.  In order to receive the estate, William must read two hundred years worth of journals.  Upon his completion of the first task, William will learn what else he must do to win the prize.  The task seems easy enough and he knows this seems too good to be true.  Knowing there is a catch; William decides to accept it, and to catapult himself into financial stability he’d never dreamed of.



         Flora, a half-human half-vampire, is Stefan’s only confidant.  He has raised her as his own and has a father’s love for her.  Flora reluctantly agrees to help Stefan as she conceals her own truth.  She has seen both Stefan and William’s future and it torments her.  To compound her angst, she believes William is the man she’s been waiting for, her soul mate.



         As William reads the journals, he realizes that he’s reading the memoirs of a priest who has been turned into a vampire.  William struggles as he reads the heart wrenching tale of the priest; only he has no idea that he is reading Stefan’s own personal memoirs.  The psychological and emotional battles the journals tell, as well as the reality of the supernatural world, have William disturbed beyond imagination.



         When a swarm of ravenous vampires threaten to descend upon the castle, the priest inside Stefan knows he must protect the staff, and William.  Stefan must send everyone away while he contends with the newborn vampires and he fears William will not return.  To cement William’s desire to return, he convinces Flora to tamper with the minds of William and a housemaid to make them feel in love.  This wounds Flora deeply, but she does not tell Stefan about her feelings for William.



         Stefan thinks his plan has worked as William returns to complete his task.  William’s faith in Stefan is shaken as the house maid is murdered.  When William learns that his love for the maid was a thought implanted within him, he is in anguish.  Determined to finish the journals, and hide his anger, William buries himself in his reading.



         The priest inside Stefan is tormented.  Though he wants to end his misery, he has grown fond of William.  He knows that if he convinces William to kill him, the young man could lose his life, or worse, be condemned to an eternity of night, of blood and a world of pain.



         Will finishes the journals only to come to several realizations: The first epiphany is that of being that he is a descendant of Elijah, one of the few men in the bible that never saw death.  He discovers the crucifix around his neck, and the dagger within it belonged to the Archangel Michael and it had killed the original vampire.  If struggling with those revelations wasn’t enough, he meets Flora, and is told of her belief they are mates.  The last and most shocking realization is Stefan’s last wish:  to die.



         William is torn and afraid.  He likes Stefan, despite his deception.  William has never killed before and the thought of it causes him to panic.  After reading two centuries of internal struggles, he is positive he doesn’t want to be a vampire, but has come to know exactly how easily that can happen, a fear shared by Stefan.



         Flora, in her love for William, offers her assistance to end the life of the only father she has, though she refuses to tell them what she has prophesized.  After long conversations between the three of them, William agrees to help Stefan put an end to his agony.



         William, with the Archangel’s dagger in hand, battles with Stefan.  Stefan fights hard not to hurt William, but the vampire within him will not go down without a fight.  As the dagger plunges into Stefan’s chest, he screams in agony –not from the blade, but from the sight of his blood dropping into William’s mouth.

© Copyright 2010 kmullican (kmullican at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1711685-Synopsis---Immortal-Decision