*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1711628-Half-Way-There
Rated: E · Other · Educational · #1711628
I'm almost there...just a few steps more! I'll be there, I swear!
I spent years conquering my intellectual self. I have always been dedicated to my studies. My time has always been alloted for education. Restless, overfatigue, headache. I conquered it all. But all those years have never been my burden, I took it as a challenge and I must say, I'm near to my dreams.

I took my first step when I reached the age of 4, I was excited yet nervous. The room seems so full of images; colorful, attractive, vibrant, but holds more questions. I can't understand the use of studying at all. I took a second step, wondering if maybe, just maybe I'll have answers. I came by pre-school. I was forced to study every night and day but still the answers were left untold. I hated my innocence and out of curiousity, I stepped more. I turned into elementary, wherein I was quiet free. I  did have fun, lots to be exact, but due to it, I lost my way. I began thinking that education was just a way to stop mysef from having fun. I did projects and assignments but left them undone. I took elementary lightly and because of doing so, I suffered the consequences. I came to a disease that I have been ashamed of. I cut class, ignored homeworks and boycott the teachers if I disagree. But I regreted it. I was a fool, ashame, embarass, and wished that I could change the fact that I did all those horrific things. I came by to the thinking that I wasn't worth dreaming. That I have no rights to dream wishful things. That I can never stand to the end of my dreams.

I graduated elementary, lucky perhaps. But after that, I went to a chair and sat on it. Trying to be alone. I asked myself, "why am I studying? What are these all for? What do I dream to be?" I wept, struggling to uncover the mystery of all of these. But, I ended up in more question, "when will I reach my dream?" And that enlightened me and made me realize that I want to study, I want to succeed, I want to dream!

Full of vigor, I stood and stepped once more. But not the same, not the same old me. I was stepping differently, I stepped as my heart says, "I will reach my dreams!" And that made all the difference.

I learned so much. I learned to enjoy while learning. I enjoy hearing my teachers voices. I love hearing their motivations. I love seeing all things in my school. And I will continue to love these things. Though I was restless and tired because of school-related things. And though I always burn the midnight oil, I am happy.

The cloudy thinking of my mind turned into a clear blue sky. The rushing ocean that burdened my heart came to be a calm azure body of water. Everything that surrounds me changed.

I did have problems but I turned not to back-off. I fought it head on, with dignity, with pride, but with a humble heart. And now, I'm afraid that I am about to leave my high school journey and have to step much farther. One more step for my dreams. I'm half way over this journey, I'm half way to reach my goals.

Yes, I am sad. I feel that I want to be like this forever, but that can't be, for I know there are teachers hoping to see the knowledge and values they planted in me. I know that there are my parents wanting to see me in a white toga with my diploma. And there's a world outside this campus waiting for me to come out and conquer. Half way to my dreams, half way to the end, and half way to a new beginning.

I will step once more to end this stage and to begin a new one. But I will cherish all that I have. I will apply all the teaching I've learned and I will carry the love I have earned. Then I will say, " well my dreams, I'm half way there!"



© Copyright 2010 AiEnma09 (aienma09 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1711628-Half-Way-There