*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1722243-Biodiversity-Both-Today-and-Tomorrow
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Educational · #1722243
i wrote it for a 77thcompetition for the year of Biodiversity. Philippines is my country.
Biodiversity: Both Today and Tomorrow

    Erosions, floods, warming! Our vast world is coming to an end, isn’t it? The terrifying cry of nature hits the best of our resources; we may not survive its ultimate blow if we only stand today, waiting for the flood to come and get us, waiting for it to stun and freeze our life’s source. But, how can this be possible we have all the magnificent varieties of species we can rely on?
Yes, we do have enough, enough to withstand these calamities for now, but not for the following days, who knows we could wake up with our eyes seeing ourselves in the midst of nothing.

      Our country was once known as an efficient land, rich with different terrestrial, aerial and aquatic species, prosperous with gold and other expensive minerals. Other countries even tried to enslave us for hundreds of years just to have the wealth we had. But, here we are in the country with piles of garbage and wasted natural possessions, not even giving importance in such a big amount of wealth. Today, the fleeting change of climate cause great risk to the species who rely in a certain kind of weather that we cannot meet because of the unbalanced condition that are world, Earth, is currently experiencing.

        These calamities are not the works of Earth alone; the man contributes most of its misfortune resulting in destruction, extinction, and loss. Animals here in our country are facing a great threat in both their habitats and lives. A great example of this situation is the Philippine Tarsier which is endemic in the southern part of our country. Due to man’s actions, the rainforests which the tarsiers inhabited are being destroyed, causing both the rainforests and the tarsier die. This animal has a great sensitivity; it commits suicide when it feels danger.
        The Philippines was classified by the Conservation Institute as one of the biologically richest country because of the nature-filled land we have. But illegal works of man devastated it, they thought that our country will always have enough supplies; they became reckless in spending the wealth we have. They became greedy, not minding whether or not they are paying back the favour that our nature gives.
         “There is always Music amongst the trees in the Garden, but our hearts must be very quiet to hear it.”  ~Minnie Aumonier
Yes, if ever trees are alive, if trees could sing, they are most likely to scream onto the heavens, cursing us, cursing the acts and existence of mankind. We are deaf, heartless when it comes to non-moving things, like trees, but tress too are consider as a living creature, trees too have its own life to preserve and to protect.

        Today we have the biggest threat that our nature can give, global warming, resulting in numerous calamities, rupturing the world and giving it a great “bang!” We have different varieties of resources that we can rely our lives on, but unfortunately, these resources or species are gradually reducing, and now, it is quite inadequate to support every one of us. It can merely survive these threats if it will meet various calamities in a struck.

        Our nature is in rage, because of the things we did, maybe payback time it is today, maybe these devastation are the payments on the debts that mankind owes to live. I can hear weeping from the people who lost someone because of the nature’s hatred. Those people who blame God from their loss and hardships, yet they are the ones’ who are to be blame, the ones’ who have the faults; throwing garbage on sewage, illegal logging, and deforestations.

        “For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.”  ~Martin Luther
People shall understand that slaughtering rainforest for papers, furniture, and luxuries are far more unforgivable than stealing gold and silver, rainforest worth more than those, even worth more than any amount that a person could possibly give, because it’s a home, a home for more than a hundreds or thousands of species. Rainforest holds the lives of the creatures we need to be able to continue the existence of mankind.
         
        Everyday we wake up with foods aplenty and nice; we hear the birds chirping in the morning sky, the warm breeze of air that brakes the past chilly nights, and the clear water that bathes our sacred body. These are the some of the countless happiness that we received because of our ecology, because of the various species that we rely on. I see no reason on wasting all of these. We need to do something, we need to preserve what we have; plant trees, waste segregation, animal care, all of these are very much appreciated, but none of these will work without passion, love, and discipline.
         We have all the chances in the world to save both our lives and our home. We can never afford to lose it, this Earth is our only home, we can never have another one, and we can never ask for a new one. But still, we can preserve one by keeping these diverse sources safe, alive, and fruitful.
The world and our ecology are entirely our responsibility, we live and consume all the nature’s various species for free, and the man alone was the one who puts price on it. Now is the time to return what we owe, a sign of gratitude, a symbol of hope for the new generation. Let us not cover our eyes and open our hearts, so that we could see the reality, the reality wherein we can’t continue living by dreaming of wealth.

        The future depends on us, the good quality of life on the next generation need us to keep it from happening, to keep these diverse biological resources alive, they need us to create the future, whether or not there will be depends on how we handle what it is today. We can never live for tomorrow because we live for today, yet, we live today to support what we need for tomorrow. What we have today is what we need to live.

        The diverse species came to our aid when we have none to eat; they came when we need something to live. But now, our sources is in grave danger, we must act to continue the balance of ecology for both today and tomorrow.

© Copyright 2010 AiEnma09 (aienma09 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1722243-Biodiversity-Both-Today-and-Tomorrow