*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1711665-Accepting-Love
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1711665
Entry for 27-8-10 CRAMP contest - Love. Who needed it?

He was sweating. Quite heavily. He breathed in and out. Over and over again, trying to calm himself.
He placed his hands on the side of the sink, then he looked at the mirror. His reflection. He looked the same. But inside, he knew that was a lie. Ever since she came into her life that night, he had been feeling different. Different everyday.
He tried not to think about it, but her image just kept coming to him.
This was definitely not healthy. Especially for a player like him. His friends warned him. Warned him that one day, he was going to fall in love. Love. Who needed it? He had thought. But he could see he was wrong. He needed it. Hell, He needed her.
He didn't want to accept that he was falling in love with Ivy. How could he? Everyone - including himself - had believed that he was never going to be tied down with love. He was just going to fling around with girls until he couldn't anymore.
Something about Ivy just made him feel that way. She wasn't even that pretty. Flat chest. Glasses. She was unlike every girl that he had slept with before. Yet she was the one who he fell in love with.
He stood up straight. He went out of the bathroom, then he went into the living room. Not caring that he didn't have a shirt on. He sat on the sofa, still thinking deeply.
This was new for him. He didn't know how to handle it. He hadn't handle anything like this before. And he didn't think he would have to.
Change. That was what Jack had told him when he noticed that his best friend was acting weird.
Change. That was what he needed.
Change. He had to accept that he loved Ivy.
Jack's right., he thought. If loving Ivy was what his heart was telling him to do, then he was going follow his heart. After all...he had never tried that before. And Ivy told him he should try doing that...
Gosh, Ivy. How would she forgive him after last night. He was in denial. He had to make this right.
He stood up, determined. He picked up the phone, dialed her number and held it against his ear, waiting anxiously.
"Hello?" Her voiced innocent and sweet.
"Hey, Ivy, It's Ben."
Silent. That was what he gets for making fun of her in front of her friends. Well, at least she didn't hang up on him.
"More puberty joke?" she asked bitterly.
"No! No!" he said too quickly. And he quickly regretted it.
"Then what do you want, Ben? You said everything I had to hear."
"No, you didn't, and I'm so sorry that I hadn't accept the fact earlier so that yesterday didn't happen."
She didn't say anything for a few seconds. "What. Are you talking about?"
Ben licked his lips, taking a breath. "I love you, Ivy."
© Copyright 2010 Green-Giffy (green-giffy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1711665-Accepting-Love