*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1712297-Father-Wizard
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1712297
Entry for 30-9-10 CRAMP Prompt - Celina finds out something about herself and her dad

“What do you want from me?” I screamed angrily, turning around to face my mom. She was standing at the bottom of the stairs, her hands on her hips, and a stern and angry expression on her face.
“Celina, you come down this instant, or-”
“Or what?” I challenged her, “ground me? Didn’t exactly work the last time, did it?” The last time I was grounded – which was yesterday – I had sneaked out, gone out with my friends and spray-painted the wall outside of the school. Let’s just say that my mom was not happy when she saw me at the police station.
My mom fumed with anger. “Celina Robinson, you are in big trouble young lady. First you disobeyed my orders, now you’re vandalizing school property?”
I rolled my eyes. “Oh, god mom. Look it was no big deal, alright? I’m not in jail.”
“I don’t care, you don’t even have to think about leaving the house for a whole month-”
“MOM!” I cried.
“No phones, no TV, no internet, no nothing!” She screamed. She took a deep breath and stared at me. “What happened to you, Celina? When your father was here, you weren’t like this…”
I looked away.
“He wouldn’t be proud of you.”
I whipped my head back and glared at her. I gritted my teeth, and started to walk down the stairs. When I was just right in front of her, I stopped. “He’s dead mom, let it go. He’s dead!”
With that, I ran up the stairs again. But this time, nobody stopped me.

I sat against my closet door, staring at the picture in front of me. It was a picture of my dad and I, sitting in a boat, smiling. We always swam together. He would train me, helping me improve.
But he’s not here anymore…
I wanted to throw the picture away; I wanted to hate him, for leaving me behind, with a woman who didn’t even love me as much as he did.
I couldn’t think about him anymore, so I decided to tidy up my closet. Everything had been a mess since he died. And that was two weeks ago.
But then I noticed that there was a box. Bright green with orange stripes.
It couldn’t be…
I quickly scrambled to it. Grabbing it in hand, I ripped open the box and found the book.
Heidi. It was my favorite book when I was younger. I flipped open the cover, then the pages, then to the last page.
There was writing on it. The handwriting seemed awfully familiar…wait…
I grabbed the box of letter my dad wrote to me. I randomly took one out and compared the handwriting on it and on the book.
It was a match…
I dropped the letter and stared at the book in shock.

If you want to find me, then just say this:
Father and Daughter
The bond as strong as lighting and thunder
Show me the way
To the place where we can meet
Hama-Hama-Ko


Was he freakin’ kidding me?
The handwriting was my dad’s, there was no doubt. But…what was the poem-thing he wrote in my book?
Father and Daughter
The bond as strong as lighting and thunder
Show me the way
To the place where we can meet
Hama-Hama-Ko
,” I said aloud involuntary, thinking. Hama-Hama-Ko?
Just when I was about to ask my mom about this, purple smoke started coming out from my Heidi.
I dropped it on the floor in surprise. It fell open, opened to a random page. But the smoke just kept coming out. I scrambled to the door, but just as I twist the doorknob, I was pulled back by something.
Then everything went dark.

“Celina?”
My head hurt. I groaned in pain, rolling over on my back. I struggled to open my eyes, I did eventually.
Everything was white in front of my eyes. Wait, did I die? I pushed myself up, sitting.
“Celina!” I turned to the source of the voice.
Holy Crap. My dad was here.
Yep. I definitely died.
“Ahhhh!” I cried, my senses kicking back to me. I scrambled to my feet, standing as far from my “dad” as possible.
“Celina, it’s okay! You’re not dead!” he said. He looked the same, short brown hair, glasses.
“I don’t care, you’re dead,” I retorted, pointing at him.
“Wait, what?”
“Yes, you’re dead.” I rubbed my temples. “I must be hallucinating…” I mumbled.
“I’m not dead, Celina,” my “dad” said.
“Yes you are!” I cried, “You go missing for a whole year! Just leaving me behind! The police just announced you dead two weeks ago!”
My “dad” smiled. “Going missing, doesn’t mean I’m dead, Celina. You should know better than that.”
“No! No!” I said quickly, “You are dead, I’m just dreaming…”
My “dad” stared at me sadly. “Fine, you’re dreaming, happy? But listen to me,” he said sincerely, “I didn’t abandon you on purpose, Celina. I had to leave and help the National Wizard Council-”
“The what?” I asked, my mouth hanging open.
“Wizard Council, I’m a wizard,” he said knowingly.
“You what?”
“Oh, never mind, Celina. I just wanted to tell you that I didn’t mean to walk out on you two,” dad said.
I nodded. After all, this was only a dream, right? My brain was just feeding me what I wanted to hear.
“I love you, Celina, and I love your mother too. Don’t ever forget that.”
“Dad, look, I’m probably gonna wake up soon, and I’m just gonna-”
“Celina, wait,” my dad interrupted, his eyes widening in surprise. “my writing in Heidi, it’s a spell, if you ever want to talk to me, just say it again, and we could see each other again.”
I narrowed my eyes. “Um, okay?” I said unsurely.
“Oh, and I almost forgot to tell you, you’re half wizard.”
What?
© Copyright 2010 Green-Giffy (green-giffy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1712297-Father-Wizard