*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1711822-Sins-of-an-Immortal---Chapter-2
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1711822
Jason's new power is fianally awakened
Capture 2 - A deal brokered.

The sun had almost set on the clearing, casting a looming darkness that would eventually take it, but what came from Jason, pushed back the darkness with a purifying blue light. He was positively glowing, lines of blue streaks weaving and crisscrossing his body.
A small circle appeared around him in a symbol long since forgotten. The blue flame of the circle started small, but gradually grew with each of Jason’s breath. He would breathe out and the flames would die down, but he would breathe in, and they would rush around him.
This continued for several minutes, taking Den by surprise, but eager to see the results. The flames eventually formed a semi sphere around Jason, made of pure blue flames. Den heard a groan from inside, and when he saw Jason emerge, he was not himself.
Jason was completely blue, except for his blood red hair and eyes. He was mostly hairy and his hands were now sharp, black claws that reflected the glow from the now dying semi sphere. He raised a pointed finger at Den.
“Denardo Ignacious Santiago. You have violated the Ancient’s Treaty, therefore you must be punished.”
Den cut the rope that held the monk, who fled into the forest. He withdrew his blade and kneeled on the ground.
“Mighty Vangred. Why do you talk through this human? If you wish to charge me, reveal your true form!”
The demon seemed to mull over a decision, but in the end, he complied with what Den wanted. The flames again picked up, and Jason, or what was left of him, grew twisted and thicker, higher and bigger. A bright white light shine through the clearing, as this mass of blue fur transformed into brown scales. His red hair turning into two, giant eyes.

Den couldn’t believe what he had done. He had just awakened Jason’s power and turned him into a dragon.
Now, why don’t you start from the beginning, Den. The dragon thought. It was more like projecting a thought at something than actually talking.
Vangred, it’s been a long time. Den thought back.
Come now, it could not be that long.
It has been more than five-thousand years since our last meeting.
Vangred shifted his weight so he was now resting in a similar way to a cat.
Are you still in search of it?
The Library? I will never rest until I enter its sacred halls.
Vangred seemed to chuckle, which for a dragon was a deep rumbling in his stomach.
You haven’t changed since our last meeting, have you?
Den didn’t reply.
A question I would like answered, Den, is how you came to find me.
I followed a tip. I found one of your previous inhabitants and saw that he had a continued bloodline. The night I found the village, was the night the Empire attacked.
But this fledgling is not the only kin, is it?
No.
Where is the other that belongs to him?
In the Capital.
Vangred rested his head down on one of his outstretched claws, shining one giant red eye at Den.
It’s the truth, Den thought.
Really?
Half-truth. She is now the current Empress of the Empire. That would make Jason royalty.
Vangred released a puff of smoke in Den’s face.
Vangred, you know what I desire, thought Den.
Indeed. Because I am the only one to know the current location of the Library.
Yes.
What I purpose is this. You will help Jason find his sister, and in return, I will tell you the location of the Library. Deal?
Deal.
I require a Blood-oath before I am satisfied.
Fine.
Den slashed his wrist, trickling blood going down his hand onto the ground.
“I swear, by Mother Gaian, I will lead Jason to his sister,” said Den.
Good. Do not lead him astray. I will be watching.
The huge dragon that was Vangred shone and started to collapse on himself. When the light had dissipated, Jason was lying in the middle of the clearing. Den rushed over and held him up.
“What... happened?” asked Jason.
“I will tell you later, but for now, know you have a dragon spirit living inside you, one with a nasty personality,” responded Den
“What… do... I do… now?”
Den helped Jason up to his feet.
“Come Jason, we shall go to the Capital of the Empire to meet your cousin, who is the current Empress,” said Den as he smiled and led Jason in the direction of a pathway that would take them through the forest.
© Copyright 2010 Vic Intus (skyrunner at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1711822-Sins-of-an-Immortal---Chapter-2