*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1712806-The-Explosion-Chapter-one
by Alicia
Rated: E · Novella · Crime/Gangster · #1712806
A girl comes to term with age and many other surprising things
A young girl was walking, alone, on a dirt road in the Poor District of Pakistan.

Her name is Adara, meaning virgin. That she was indeed, probably still the only one at her "old" age.

Our timing is very recent, but it is different here. Very different.

Adara just turned 14, and she felt no different in any way. Height, weight, shape. She didn't even have any different feelings. She took the left fork to her best friend's, Akil's, home. He wasn't much older than her. Just by about 3 years. He was very mature though. Adara had been trying for years to get him to lighten up just a smidget.



When she arrived, she found herself staring at his bare chest while he played ball with his brothers. He noticed her only after she whistled so loud that it startled both him and his brothers.

He smiled, as usual, the biggest toothy grin Adara had ever seen. He jogged up to her, when she realized he wasn't wearing his shoes either in the desert.



"How is my beautiful woman doing today?" He said enthusiastically, putting large emphasis on the word woman.

(Adara thought nothing of it, because he had been calling her this every since she was 6.)

"Am I different in any way...at all?"

He circled around her playfully, stroking his chin. "Um..No, not really in looks..sort of."

He had been lying though. He thought she was more beautiful than ever. But he had never told her he thought that for fear of terrorizing their friendship.

Adara pushed her hands as hard as possible on  his chest. "Are you going to put a shirt on, Akil? It would be a shame that Almas should see your scrawny chest and run the other direction!" Adara truly hated Almas. Akil has had the biggest crush on her for the longest of times. Maybe it was because of her true breastiness, or the fact her name meant Diamond instead of Virgin. Whatever it was, Adara did not like her.

"Oh, I don't care for Almas anymore.." He said, looking behind him casually.

"You-You dont!?" Adara said, almost too enthusiastically. It was like a dream to her. But Akil was telling the truth. He stopped caring for her ever since-

His youngest brother interrupted his thought process.

"Akil! Stop rambling to your girlfriend! We have to get to the school before all the good seats run out!"

"Ok! Ok! I'm coming, Amar!" Akil replied, halfheartedley. "Would you like to come with?" Akil knew his school was for all boys, but he couldn't stand just leaving Adara there, when she had only just arrived!

"Sure, why not?" She replied with a faint smile.

© Copyright 2010 Alicia (allicia11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1712806-The-Explosion-Chapter-one