*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1713527-The-Tire-Swing
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1713527
A mother introduces her modern daughter to an old friend.
         There it was, the old tire swing was just sitting there. It hadn't been used in ages. The last time she had seen it was when she was a little girl, and now her little girl was about to see it.
         “Mommy, is it safe?” Karri smiled at her daughter. She was destined to become something great, always questioning the doctors whether they have been sued for malpractice before or asking the restaurant owner when the last time the health inspector visited. It was certain little Leona was going to get into trouble at school.
         “Yes of course it is. I played on it when I was your age.”
         “When you weren’t running from dinosaurs?”
         “Now sweetie that’s not nice. Let’s just get you on this swing.” Karri lifted Leona off the ground into the tire. Giving a soft push, she launched Leona into the air.
         “Wheee! Again!” She hollered, beaming. Brown locks bouncing on her shoulders.
         “See? I told you it was safe.” Leona’s eye were twinkling. Her mother was amazed at how her own daughter had been so breath-taken by the swing. Her own daughter who pointed out the things that were impossible on Sesame Street.
         “Honey! It’s time to come in, I ordered pizza!” That was Craig, her loving husband.
         “Aww, mommy, can I stay on a little longer?” Leona stuck her bottom lip out and sniffled.
         “Stop trying to smell your bottom lip and come on. We can play on it tomorrow.” Karri said playfully. She lifted Leona on her shoulders, “To the pizza, away!”

Word Count:265
© Copyright 2010 Isabelle Fox (lemonlimeaid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1713527-The-Tire-Swing