*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715115-SIREN
by Storm
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #1715115
The dark truth of love and the feelings of betrayal when it dies.
Life is never a waste, if we learn from every moment.

Love is never a waste, if something positive can be made from it...



In hindsight I have to admit, I was a slow student.



Never realizing that love had its own rules and nothing can be made of it.

I learnt so much from you, more than anyone before, you opened my eyes.



These valuable lessons, I will carry with me for as long as I live.



I learnt that sometimes, love is not enough. 

I cannot change your mind or revive your cooling heart.



That a woman is never defenseless, when it comes to matters of the heart. 

A natural insight that knows the dreams of a man before he does, gives a nasty advantage when she murders them unborn.



That I would do everything for you and treat you with respect, and yet it would make no difference in the end.

If the only way I could make you love me and not leave, was to raise my hands against you.



I would rather leave.



Her sweet words and attentive promises have a use-by date, once she has little use for you and decides that it is over.

Every uttered word and promise, is as dust blown away on the winds of whim.



To witness a furnace of proclaimed love and eternal devotion, cool and disappear without a trace. 

Not a sign of remorse or loss ever crossed your face.



That blood binds family and I will always be out in the cold, all those words of welcome a charade.

Too bad I actually took it on faith, and believed it was true.



To lose them, almost hurt as much as losing you.



Your outward appearance shows nothing of the nature of your soul, and the wounded dryad you so willingly portray, is in reality as ruthless as a siren.

I thank you for these lessons and the mountain of hurt.

Strike three, it’s over.

Once again, I lie trampled in the dirt.



© Copyright 2010 Storm (globisch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715115-SIREN