*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715417-Nightmarish-Rest
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by E. Sue
Rated: E · Prose · Contest Entry · #1715417
Sleep comes harder for some than others. Sometimes it can be a nightly battle.
Nightmarish Rest

Evening shadows fall as a backdrop to timeless empty hours,?between imagination and existence my body lies suspended.?Nightime has slowly stolen the bright of day,?as expiration of the ticking minute measures eternity,?while amplifying undeniable whirlwind visions of the mind.?My sleepless thoughts entwine behind closed eyes,?wishing tomorrow's tomorrow be tossed into oblivion.?Fragmented patterns of memory's denial embrace,?absent and clouded questions to find answers,?somewhere beyond embers of grasped cognizance.?Shadows of thought found creeping throughout the night,?fearful and foolish whispers bounce inside my skull.?Seeing shimmering ghostly shadows sail overhead,?accepting their existence as an aberration of an exhausted mind.?Phantom's gallery of floating shapes and faces absorb the room.?Uselessly sleep had cursed my brow as glazed eyes,?nag the darkness and numb intelligent recognition.?Endless mystic night dreams float on the edge of consciousness,?till twilight's shady procession of heavenly patterns,?churn within my head...and usher in the dawn.
© Copyright 2010 E. Sue (suedes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1715417-Nightmarish-Rest